50% off Patagonia Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chest Zips are great for surfing, easy to get on and off and like the previous surfer said the zip is high so would not clash with a chest zip. It would be interesting to know who they compress.

Most surf suits come out of a couple of factories in Thailand and China no matter what brand they are under and I expect dive suits will come out of the same factories, no doubt something for the xenophobes to get excited about

Well, after seeing this thread (and commenting in it), I pulled the trigger on an R5 in the sale. I'm heading back to NZ for a few months shortly and will need a warm suit. $409 incl. tax was just too good a deal to pass up.

Well, after seeing this thread (and commenting in it), I pulled the trigger on an R5 in the sale. I'm heading back to NZ for a few months shortly and will need a warm suit. $409 incl. tax was just too good a deal to pass up.
If anyone is still looking at these - picked mine up today - the surf brim is lightly stitched on (no glue) and is easily removed. They are the usual superb Patagonia quality and although I have not got mine in the water yet I can say the Yulex is much improved on v1, very stretchy for 6.5mm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom