Decent diving near Tallahassee or Coleman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ArizSig

Reaction score
I may need to make a business trip to Florida in the near future, either to Tallahassee or Coleman.

Is there any good diving around those parts? I will have one day to dive, and could drive a bit if needed. I would prefer ocean diving over springs.

Also, I won't be able to bring all my gear with me, probably just reg and mask. I would be looking for some rental gear also.

Thanks.

Hmm, decent...No, not really. You have to drive about 2 hours for decent OW diving. For ocean diving I would head over to Panama City, and you can dive the jetties for about 2$ or do a charter for about $50. Rental gear can be had anywhere, local shops in Tallahassee, Blue Water Scuba and Coral Reef Scuba, or via the shop that sells you the charter. Divers Den is a good one. Let us know when your coming. My scuba club may be going out that day, ro Im always up for a dive.

ArizSig:
I may need to make a business trip to Florida in the near future, either to Tallahassee or Coleman.

Is there any good diving around those parts? I will have one day to dive, and could drive a bit if needed. I would prefer ocean diving over springs.

Also, I won't be able to bring all my gear with me, probably just reg and mask. I would be looking for some rental gear also.

Thanks.

I don't have a problem with Panama City diving, I am diving there myself this weekend. Although the water is a little cold 57 degrees at 110 ft three weeks ago. I am drysuit diving it.

You might want to condider Port St Joe as well, some good dives and a full service operator there www.seahorswatersafaris.com. Lots of good info on their web site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom