Decent and Inexpensive camera for freshwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are many decent housings made for digital cameras that work well. I've also seen some "soft" housings (actually, more like a sealed bag). Don't know how well these work, but i'd love to hear from anyone who's used one. I have so much invested in "land" cameras that I am reluctant to spend more on underwater cameras. I do own a "cheapo" UW 35mm camera, and the shots aren't that great. Like they say, you get what you pay for.

I used disposables at first, but they dont go deep enough, and if you are going to buy them a lot, a $50 reusable is a better deal, plus the reusable has a flash.

I bought the disposable with the case that can be reused. We went diving at Table Rock Lake and none of the pictures turned out. The vis that day was about 5 - 10 feet and alot of suspended particles took over the pictures. I am told that to take good u/w pics, you need a strobe unless you are diving in crystal clear water. Thanks for all the info! This is an excellent board.

jmoore73:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the best camera at the cheapest price.

I like my Ikelight (?) Auto 35 camera. It's not too expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom