December Olympus Mtg!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalaurel:
I get to get my third c-5050 manana. I wonder how long it'll take me to flood this one? Any bets.... :jump3:

No using the "F" word here!!! :11:

OK... so, I did a really lame thing tonight.

For some reason I had it in my mind that the meeting was about a week from Thanksgiving. I just went the wrong way on the calendar and showed up at Carrow's tonight. :11:

It's a good thing I actually like to drive!

I'll be there on Dec. 1. That sounds like a good date to have a December meeting on. :eyebrow:

Christian

headhunter:
OK... so, I did a really lame thing tonight.
......I'll be there on Dec. 1. That sounds like a good date to have a December meeting on. :eyebrow:

Christian

:rofl: That was very brave of you to admit it! Thanks for scouting the location for us, now we can rest assured that the restaurant is still there and hasn't moved in the 2 months since our last meeting.
How long did you wait before you realized that you were by yourself?

Whew, Thought I spaced yet another gig!

saf_25:
:rofl: That was very brave of you to admit it! Thanks for scouting the location for us, now we can rest assured that the restaurant is still there and hasn't moved in the 2 months since our last meeting.
How long did you wait before you realized that you were by yourself?

I don't think it took him long to figure it out, based on the space between the 2 cell phone messages I had tonight :biggrin:!

See you Sunday, Christian!

Jennifer

sapphire:
I don't think it took him long to figure it out, based on the space between the 2 cell phone messages I had tonight :biggrin:!

See you Sunday, Christian!

Jennifer
I got there at 5:45 and asked the hostess where the "scuba diving underwater photography group" was located. They said that there were only two groups there that night and pointed me to them. I approached each group and asked if they were who I was looking for.

At about 6pm I told the hostess that I had something in the car that I had printed off of my computer which probably had the date on it and that I would check it and let them know what I found out. I was referring to the original post in this thread.

Before this, I had already called Jennifer with a "Where is everybody?" type of message. Lo and behold, when I looked at what I had printed out it said "December" in two places. I promptly called Jennifer back and told her that a return phone call would not be necessary.

Then I went back into the restaurant (whose staff was now thinking that they had missed something or made a mistake) and let them know that I had the wrong date. I didn't share with them that I had just driven 2 hours to get there.

Now you know why I dive with Jim. I actually forgot my bottom timer on a beach dive recently. I wonder if Jim is remembering his weights in the Philippines! :wink:

A mind is a terrible thing to lose. :11:

I'll see some of you this Sunday at the Wrinkles dive and we can have a laugh about it.

Christian

Chris Bangs:
Come on up! it really is not all that far! It gunna take me 24 hours just to get to LA From Guam :wink:
Actually when Chris leaves Guam at 9 am he will arrive in LA 4 hours before he left (5 am). The wonders of the international date line! On the other hand he will leave LA at 10 am and arrive in Guam at 7 pm the next night. The horrors of the international date line. Either way it is a long flight, 12 hours + in the air and a layover in Honolulu.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chris' pics of Micronesia. Some great diving there.

CA Diver:
Actually when Chris leaves Guam at 9 am he will arrive in LA 4 hours before he left (5 am). The wonders of the international date line! On the other hand he will leave LA at 10 am and arrive in Guam at 7 pm the next night. The horrors of the international date line. Either way it is a long flight, 12 hours + in the air and a layover in Honolulu.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chris' pics of Micronesia. Some great diving there.

doing the Guam - Tokyo - LA flight. have to pick up a new S2 and 12-24 lens in Japan. this starts in about 24 hours.

look forward to meeting as many of you as I can. My drt suit is somewhere on a container at the port of Guam. not looking good that I will get it before I leave.

now to K Mart to get something to wear other than T shirts and swim trunks :wink:

oh yea, guess I need shoes too!

Chris:

I hope it hasn't been in the container since Pongsona. I know the port as been backed up, but that would be a long time. I made 4 trips to Guam after Pongsona to assist MCV with the insurance aspects of the typhoon. I did alot of diving with John & Nora C. and Wes and Caitlin H. That was great diving. I always flew the LAX - HNL - GUM route (except for trip I extended to Palau). See you next weeek. Have a safe flight.

Back
Top Bottom