December 2017 Scubaboard Microsurge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Today Squirrely G was a bit dehydrated and not feeling chipper this morning so we did laundry, had a leisurely brunch at B2B then did some final grocery shopping. After a siesta and lots of fluids she was feeling better so we did a quick photo tour of the Tolo and Gotomeer areas. I will put them on my 500px site if any are worth it. When we got back I asked her if she had a Something Special in her and she did. We had a lovely dive there and got fresh tanks for our last two dives tomorrow. Boiling up the Dutch version of brats for dinner at the moment.

This is a great thread. Hope it carries over to "roll calls" in the future. Wife and I were there in October and had a blast. Something like this would just add to the fun. The "dive freedom" lifestyle is a wonderful thing. To all you guys...:rule40:...:)

Been a great trip. Think Red Beryl has been my favorite, 18 Palms was another great dive and Something Special never disappoints. Claudia and I are thinking of doing Something Special Saturday morning at 10:00 if anyone else is up for it. Also we are down here with 2 other couples this week and I took them to Mi Bannana for dinner the other night and it was great. Give it a try. The wahoo with creole sauce was very very tasty. I think Saturday morning dive will be our last. Another great trip. Oh also saw a very good size octopus at Cha Cha Cha (Diver Friends site) in front of the Dive Inn today. Maybe we will see some of you tomorrow.

Been a great trip. Think Red Beryl has been my favorite, 18 Palms was another great dive and Something Special never disappoints. Claudia and I are thinking of doing Something Special Saturday morning at 10:00 if anyone else is up for it. Also we are down here with 2 other couples this week and I took them to Mi Bannana for dinner the other night and it was great. Give it a try. The wahoo with creole sauce was very very tasty. I think Saturday morning dive will be our last. Another great trip. Oh also saw a very good size octopus at Cha Cha Cha (Diver Friends site) in front of the Dive Inn today. Maybe we will see some of you tomorrow.
We are planning Something Special as our second dive if the Salt Pier is closed to diving. 10:00 may be ambitious for us though for dive number two. Squirelly G is not a morning person. I think our chances at Salt Pier may be better as it is a Saturday. Regardless, it was great to meet and dive with everyone. It really made the week that much more fun.

Tammy and I aren't 100% sure what we're doing tomorrow, but are thinking 2 South sites followed by 2 north ...ending at Karpata. After rinsing gear, cleaning up, etc heading to Pasa Bon Pizza around 8pm. Would love the company if anyone is up to it at that time.

Today was pretty tame for once. Dived Invisibles, Sweet Dreams (saw 3 squid), Sabadeco Pier (saw 2 squid and 1 turtle) and finished with Tolo. The squid, while only small groups, we did spend a lot of time hanging around with (or the other way around).

It's been a good week....so good this is the 2nd time I've turned on the computer.

--Kriet; aka Dick...and Tammy.

Tammy and I aren't 100% sure what we're doing tomorrow, but are thinking 2 South sites followed by 2 north ...ending at Karpata. After rinsing gear, cleaning up, etc heading to Pasa Bon Pizza around 8pm. Would love the company if anyone is up to it at that time.

Today was pretty tame for once. Dived Invisibles, Sweet Dreams (saw 3 squid), Sabadeco Pier (saw 2 squid and 1 turtle) and finished with Tolo. The squid, while only small groups, we did spend a lot of time hanging around with (or the other way around).

It's been a good week....so good this is the 2nd time I've turned on the computer.

--Kriet; aka Dick...and Tammy.
Darook and I are up for Pasa Bon Pizza tomorrow night. And yes, I am not a morning person!

Sweet Dreams (saw 3 squid
Us too. Spent the entire safety stop plus some looking at each other! Then I got rolled pretty good by the surf coming out. Thought I had it made then...bang. Several large waves one after the other. First time I have ever had to take my rig off to get on shore. Back at the truck I noticed the primary was very sandy. Rinsed it out then Eric suggested I vent some air though it. Good thing too since a fairly large piece of stone came flying out after a few seconds of purge. :eek:

A1DC4EC5-C131-46C4-8022-56DEE4697CF7.jpeg

Last edited:
We noticed The Lake site get fairly deep heading north on the second reef so Eric and I plan to it first thing tomorrow. After that, we have no specific plans.

BTW. Mom tells me its snowing back in NC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom