ScubaBoard Invasion 2017 Sponsors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It gets even better with Beaverdivers!

Dear James,

Your paid invoice is attached and your retractor will ship via USPS tomorrow. With shipping, the total amount came out to $29. We gave you a $4 discount to make it even as a thank you for supporting Scubaboard and the dive industry.

Please let us know if you ever need anything!

Happy Diving,

Danny Knoll
Beaver Divers
970-949-1012
www.beaverdivers.com
Just noticed this.. that's pretty impressive to see a store donate something extra just to make it even. Well done, Beaver Divers!

We just returned from a week of diving at Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman. This is the trip that we won in the raffle on the ScubaBoard Invasion Roatan. I cannot say enough good things about the resort and its staff. We had a fantastic time. Besides just the wonderful time of relaxation and family bonding that the four of us shared, I can say so many good things about the resort.

On a scale of 1-10 I will rate different things that stand out to me.

Reef Divers and staff - 10
All the dive guides and staff were so friendly, helpful and easy-going. They gave incredibly detailed dive briefings--the best I've ever seen. The would draw a 3-D map of the site, explain in great detail how we would navigate it, and then executed the dive exactly as they said they would. The dive guides would take you through, then at the 30-minute mark let you know they were returning to the boat, and leave you to explore on your own. They never rushed us or cut a dive short. There was plenty of time to enjoy your whole tank and come up with 500 PSI. No one was left behind, though some divers did go to the wrong boat at a dive site once. I won't mention who, but they are members on this board and members of my family. :shakehead: The staff was obsessive about roll calls. When they say "valet diving" they mean it. We didn't have to manage our bcs or regulators once, except to check them over before each dive. We handled only our fins and wetsuits and personal gear. Every day we came to the boat and the tanks, regs and bcs were set up and waiting for us. This added immeasurably to the level of ease and relaxation that we enjoyed.

Diving - 7, no fault of the resort, but rather time of year
Diving Grand Cayman has some unique features. There are lots of swim throughs, interesting coral features, plentiful wrecks and abundant fish to see. For the time of year we went we had as good an experience that can be expected. Winds were high on the side of the island the resort is on, so the house reef / dock was only open one day. We took a bus to calmer waters every day, which was absolutely fine. Unfortunately clouds made for less brilliant dives, but we enjoyed it nevertheless. It would be a 10 if we were able to dive the house reef, which from what I heard is really great (we were on the Kittiwake dive the afternoon they opened it), and if the weather had been more in our favor.

Accommodations - 9
We had room 1 which was about 20 feet from the dining area and overlooked the water. The hot tub and pool were just outside and every room was spacious and comfortable. Everything was tile so you didn't worry about tracking sand or water through the place. Beds were comfortable. I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because they are currently working on renovating different things in the rooms, so there is room for improvement, but we didn't have any complaints at all, except that our ceiling fan in our room rattled. TVs in every room, worked great, but wifi was spotty. Sometimes we had to hunt around for the best connection, but we made it work.

Food - 6
The food was the weakest part of the experience, but it wasn't bad. I give it a six and not a five because they were very accommodating to some vegetarians in our group, and the chefs were eager to please and very nice. Meals were served buffet style which tends to affect the freshness of any meal if you are not first in line, and the food options were not consistently great. My kids went nuts on taco night, which admittedly was very good, but the other meals were just okay. Soups were very good. Desserts were great. One family member commented that if you love french fries, then the food is great. :wink:

Coffee - 10
Every morning they brewed rich, strong coffee, and it was just outside my room. It may seem a weird thing to put in a category all by itself, but if a place has bad coffee, it can really put a dent in the enjoyment factor. This was a highlight. I was only wishing I had a bigger mug.

Bar - 10
Happy hour was 20% off drinks every evening from 4-6 and if Colin was behind the bar it was a hoot.

I highly recommend Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman and am eager to try out their other resorts at Little Cayman and Cayman Brac. Great Company, great service, great diving.

Thanks to ScubaBoard for offering the raffle at the end of last season's trip and Thanks to Cobalt Coast for a great vacation!

Thank you so much for giving us a trip report on Molly's trip gift certificate! We're glad to hear you had a great time!

9885D3F8-31A7-48DE-9C94-88927626A9A9.jpeg
Great customer service at Www.beaverdivers.com Beaver Divers! Picked up a nice shirt with the gift certificate I won at the event.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom