Dec 30th AL & FL Panhandle Holiday Dive-n-Dine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are very excited about our Holiday diving and dining get together for the weekend after Christmas at Orange Beach! We have charters available Saturday Dec 30th for off shore dives in the am. We have our shore experts working on shore diving in the am and pm. Of course these plans are contingent on favorable conditions.
We have our main event at Tacky Jacks in Orange Beach Saturday night after the last dive of the day. On Sunday, we can throw in Morrisons and Vortex for those interested.
We need a head count on who is coming and what dives you are interested in so that we can have plenty of room available on charters and guides for shore diving.
So start posting so we can finalize our plans. And we look forward to seeing you there!!!

Hey Denise,

I got your message on my post about Vortex. Would you happen to know what the water temps like in the Orange Beach area and Morrison?

If they are lower than mid 60's I'll probably have to pass on those due to the lack of a thick wetsuit. If people are heading out to Vortex on Sunday I can handle that though.

Thanks,
Drew :)

Morrison is 68, just like Vortex. Orange Beach is in the low 60s, but variates lower after rainfall. Might be in the upper 50s by the 30th?

50s in the Gulf ,and then the boat rode too, whew, maybe a bit much for my old bones. The Springs would work. We have been trying to find a reason to go diving somewhere after Christmas, need the practice, and the springs would be just the place.

Randy

yeah 50's is too low for me this year (Dry Suit is on the must have list for next winter) but I'd be up for both the springs!

Andy and I are going to be at Orange Beach diving on Saturday Dec 30th, eat at Tacky Jacks and spend the night there. We can drive over to Vortex and Morrisons Sunday morning and dive there all day. I think it takes about 2 hours from Orange Beach? I have been to Vortex many times but I have not been to Morrisons. We would need someone along who has dove at Morrisons as a guide. (Any volunteers?)

I have a bit of repair work to do in Auburn and possibly could come down for Saturday pm dives. This is all depending on WHEN the appliance folks can deliver the dishwasher. Do not count me in the numbers for a charter.
Howard

Howard, the dishwashing may just have to wait. You know you gotta come diving with us. It wouldn't be the same without you!!:)

Howard brings surf, be carefull of what you wish!

I'm game for whatever, if springs be the place, I"m cool with that - if weather prevents gulf dives, springs makes for a hellova backup.

Back
Top Bottom