Dec 13th Beach Diving Lauderdale by the Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kosh

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all you Florida Conch Divers!

I will be in south Florida the weekend of December 13th and I thought I’d see if anyone would like to do some beach dives on Saturday at Lauderdale by the Sea. I’ve met a few of you guys, heard and read a lot more about many of you, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to see some friends and hopefully make some new ones.

Anyone interested?

Daryl

Kosh once bubbled...
<snip> I’ve met a few of you guys, heard and read a lot more about many of you <snip>

Daryl

LOL and you still want to dive with us?:wacko: LOL

Looking forward to diving with ya again Daryl! See ya Saturday... Oh, go to Hibiscus St. Its 2 blocks south of Commerical, since you can't dive 300 ft from the pier. Thats where we usually meet up...

See ya then!

...we need all the help we can get. If it sucks, are you up for a trip across the alley to Venice for shark's teeth?

Kosh once bubbled...
Hey all you Florida Conch Divers!

I will be in south Florida the weekend of December 13th and I thought I’d see if anyone would like to do some beach dives on Saturday at Lauderdale by the Sea. I’ve met a few of you guys, heard and read a lot more about many of you, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to see some friends and hopefully make some new ones.

Anyone interested?

Daryl

I have been waiting to meet some of y'all...would love to go this time too...but....

Me and fldivejunkie and our famlies are camping/diving Gennie Springs that weekend. Y'all are more than welcome to join us in the cold water LOLOLOL

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:

LOL and you still want to dive with us? LOL
Well Jenny - After what happened last time, I’ll only give you one more chance! LOL! :eek:ut:

...we need all the help we can get. If it sucks, are you up for a trip across the alley to Venice for shark's teeth?
Mike, I hear you about the weather down there. I’ve been told by a few people how the conditions haven’t been so good lately. Here’s hoping for good luck and good weather for the weekend! Also, thanks for the invite to Venice as an alternative. However, if the weather doesn’t pan out, I don’t think I’d be up for Venice.

FLArmyBrat once bubbled...
I have been waiting to meet some of y'all...would love to go this time too...but....
Me and fldivejunkie and our famlies are camping/diving Gennie Springs that weekend. Y'all are more than welcome to join us in the cold water LOLOLOL

Laurel- The Frog Queen
:royal:
FLArmyBrat, too bad you can’t join us (if indeed we can get together). I hope you guys have a good time at Ginnie Springs. Cold at the springs huh? I hear the ocean temps aren’t so toasty down in south FL either (Obviously not as cool as the springs tho).

Later all.

Daryl

I dove off of Venice, or should I say attempted to dive, Thanksgiving weekend. ( friday). I took my wife out there to get her first ocean dive. We had been looking forward to it for over a month. We ran into problem after problem. The main problem was that we could not get her under. After that my octo started to freeflow, and if that is not enough, I lost my mask and snorkel. Before it was over with we were both ticked off, and mad at each other. I went down for about 11min to cool off. Water temp was 71, accordding to the computer, and vis was about 5-7 feet. No luck on finding any fossils though. Hope you have better luck. The weather is not going to be your friend this weekend though. 62-65 with 20mph winds.

I was real close to the bottom to get that. It was strting to get nasty though, and that was before the front came through. When you were there, you didn't see my mask or a weight pocket on the beach, did you? I also dove off treasure island on thursday, now that was black. now that water 0 visibility, but the wife wanted sand dollars. did everything be feel.

I can't be there but I would suggest if you do any boat diving that you try Southeast Oceanic Services of Dania Beach. I dove with them just before DEMA this year and I was very impressed.

Addionally I would suggest you dive the Tenneco Towers if at all possible. I was very impressed by that dive as well.

I wrote a story about it for Northwest DiveNews and it will be published in their next National Edition.

Have fun.

Kevin Parkhurst
IDEA Instructor 3402

cableman once bubbled... SNIP...The main problem was that we could not get her under. After that my octo started to freeflow, and if that is not enough, I lost my mask and snorkel. ...SNIP
Ugh, I hate that - mine is free flowing as well even though I've had it in for adjustment. I guess shore diving takes its toll! Don't feel so bad about the mask/snorkel - many better than us have made the sacrafice as well. Besides, who needs a snorkel <just kidding, don't shoot!!!>

Thanks for the weather report... I was thinking about thinking about Venice for this weekend. Oh, well, if the waves are as good as they were yesterday it should be good for body surfing.

BTW, I notice that along with all the unscrewing & slapping, the OctoPlus free flowing responds to drawing on your regulator slowly, tapering the breath off. Once it stops, it usually stops for the dive, but in surf it often begins again after every wave. Do you have any tips on how you stop it?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom