Death of a camera.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
(kinda why I'm not housing my 5D....in addition to the cost)
Yeah, that was the other issue. The housing cost more than my camera.

Goodluck finding a C5060, there aren't many left, the ones that are left are used and very overpriced.

Time to move on brotha!

Where do you get that sort of equipment insurance from?

I know DAN has equipment insurance, but don't know the names of others who offer it. I know there are more companies than just DAN.

I ended up using a Personal Articles Rider on my homeowners. (State Farm) Turns out it doesn't ever have any effect of the house rates because it's a seperate policy. Also, covers all kinds of loss and it was even less than DEPP. FWIW.

I deserve to flood my camera more than anybody I know.

I was hoping the D-100 would flood, but it just never would.

Can't live in fear, is what I say. If it's going to flood, it's going to flood. But you gotta do what makes you happy. I've had two minor floods over several hundred dives, but my cameras have been fully insured. So the biggest issue is whether you can afford the annual flood insurance premium and if that cost is worth it for you to be able to shoot the pictures you want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom