Death of a camera.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Very sad day for me. My trusty (not realy so trusty) 5060 got flooded today. The good news is it's insured and I get to buy a new camera now!:D

Anyone have a used one for sale. Body only, don't need a case. Also any other sources besides Ebay? A couple on there but way over priced.

Condolences on your loss. It's good you're looking at this with a positive point of view.

Clearly you did not see my "I will never buy from olympus again thread".. The last time they tried to fix my camera under warrenty, not only did they not fix it, they tried to charge me for not fixing it and could not replace is as they dont have them anymore.

That's unfortunate, but still, may be your best bet. You may want to consider then selling the housing while it still has value and going with something else? Why stick with Olympus with the apparent hate you have on them at the moment?

I have everything set up for my Oly, just trying to find a used one. I may consider refurb if all else fails. Thanks.

rats....sorry to hear it....as always...it's not question of if, but when :(

This is the very reason I refuse to house my D2H and take it underwater. When I flooded my strobe, last week, I knew it was never going to happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom