Death in the St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And this article:
Nepean man dies after diving in St. Lawrence River

Nepean man dies after diving in St. Lawrence River

Diana FisherJune 9, 2016

A 59-year-old man from Nepean is dead after scuba diving in the St. Lawrence. Grenville County OPP and EMS were called to the Rothesay Dive Wreck site east of Maitland around 8:30pm Wednesday. The man had been scuba diving with a group and as they exited the water, he appeared to be in distress. The victim was brought to shore by the other divers and was taken to hospital where he was pronounced deceased. An autopsy has been scheduled. The investigation is ongoing.

I checked into this as I too am a similar age and live in Nepean and wondered if I knew him. The local dive store told me that it was a cardiac event as the deceased exited the water from the shore dive...I have no idea if this is verified info or guesswork. Ian W. Eckersley | ObituariesCanada.ca .The link is his obituary as posted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom