Dear Dork Divers Advice Column – Ask us your questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As everyone knows, when there's a current, you have to have more scope on the line. Of course, you may also want a quick disconnect on your end so you can pop the reg hose off once he gets to the surface. I'd recommend putting a lift bag on the requisite hose reel so you can send it to the surface for easier recovery.

Or just for fun, put the quick disconnect about 6 ft down line from the 2nd stage. Let him get started up then "POP" away they go, leaving you 54ft of hose to attach to your handy spare 2nd stage with corresponding fitting.

I wonder if these are DIR compliant? Where should I mount it?
post-hosereel.jpg

I wonder if these are DIR compliant? Where should I mount it?
post-hosereel.jpg

Not unless the hose is black.........And I am sure one of the DIR guys will have a mounting suggestion for you :D :rofl3:

My question to Teamcasa:

"What war cry does a Dork Diver make when he or she does the Giant Stride? I'm currently torn between Cowabunga, Banzai, and Hail Odin.

My question to Teamcasa:

"What war cry does a Dork Diver make when he or she does the Giant Stride? I'm currently torn between Cowabunga, Banzai, and Hail Odin.

I know this was to Teamcasa, but what is wrong with, "Geronimo!"
:wink:

My question to Teamcasa:

Try: "Great Googly Moogly!"

I know this was to Teamcasa, but what is wrong with, "Geronimo!"
:wink:

That's my fall back call when it's not "Oh S______!":wink:

That's my fall back call when it's not "Oh S______!":wink:
Appropriate when looking down as you stride off and realize you have no fins on? It was fun to look back up and see the DM and my buddy (holding my fins BTW) LTFAO at me. They called it a "learning experience" (calm water, no current, minimal risk situation).

Back
Top Bottom