Dead Sharks!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice tooth in your profile pic. I have a few around that size. I think many of us have these trophies of good eyes while diving. I am proud of mine. Of course, I certainly don't have any whole jaws......

Mine come from Venice, my family and I go there hunting teeth every year. I have much larger ones as well as a variety of fossils we have recovered from Venice and the ledges off Wilmington. Have not done the Cooper because Venice and Wilmington are so easy, warm and better viz.

I have also recovered teeth from land sites along the Piedmont, but diving for them is more fun.

The tooth around my neck is special, my daughter was 10 and newly certified so we went to Venice to hunt teeth and this was the first meg I found diving with her.

Mine come from Venice, my family and I go there hunting teeth every year. I have much larger ones as well as a variety of fossils we have recovered from Venice and the ledges off Wilmington. Have not done the Cooper because Venice and Wilmington are so easy, warm and better viz.

I have also recovered teeth from land sites along the Piedmont, but diving for them is more fun.

The tooth around my neck is special, my daughter was 10 and newly certified so we went to Venice to hunt teeth and this was the first meg I found diving with her.

Fantastic! Venice, as in Italy, or as in beach are in Cali? If Italy, tell my about it on a pm. I get really easy cheap flights from Kuwait to Italy and that sounds great! My daughter is 10 and just found her first megs last week. It was awesome with her and my 13 year old son. I know exactly how proud you felt. They found some massive ones. But, I am really interested in Venice....

Fantastic! Venice, as in Italy, or as in beach are in Cali? If Italy, tell my about it on a pm. I get really easy cheap flights from Kuwait to Italy and that sounds great! My daughter is 10 and just found her first megs last week. It was awesome with her and my 13 year old son. I know exactly how proud you felt. They found some massive ones. But, I am really interested in Venice....

Venice Florida, lots of info here on the board:http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fl...eefguys-venice-beach-tooth-finding-guide.html

What a waist. I have watched this thread for a few days. Responsibility is a heavy burdon on some folks. And they can't handle it. So they go and do stupid $#it like this. I was going to stay out of this one but.....couldn't. Nothing wrong with trophies y'all, thay can tell a story of the hunt better than any picture. It is how you handle your responsibility after the kill that really make the hunter. Do you use the meat to nourish your body, or chuck the carcass on the side of the road. Just remember who you are and who you want to remain a HUNTER or a POCHER. I am a Hunter and have no room in my ocean for the later.

Man this sucks. Another reason to dislike anyone who wears a sharks tooth on a necklace.

Fellas/Ladies I was only messing with ya. I'm dying to hit the Cooper River, of course in high hopes of finding the perfect Megalodon or Woolly Mammoth tooth soon.

Back
Top Bottom