Dead Reefmaster Mini?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LowVizWiz

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I took my Reefmaster on a dive this past Saturday and half way into the dive the camera would shut off after snapping a shot. So I thought, maybe the batteries were dead even though I had put on new batteries at the beginning of the dive.

I tried turning the camera on today and it will not come on... The green light comes on but nothing else. It doesn't seem to have flooded during the dive because it would turn on underwater, it just would not shoot.

Have any of you seen this before?

Wys.

I took my Reefmaster on a dive this past Saturday and half way into the dive the camera would shut off after snapping a shot. So I thought, maybe the batteries were dead even though I had put on new batteries at the beginning of the dive.

I tried turning the camera on today and it will not come on... The green light comes on but nothing else. It doesn't seem to have flooded during the dive because it would turn on underwater, it just would not shoot.

Have any of you seen this before?

Wys.
Sorry to hear that... Here is the best area to post for that...

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sealife/

Doh! SeaLife and sealife =)
my bad

Thanks!

Will do!

Thank you.

It's ALIVE!

Wow, I was getting ready to ship the camera to Sealife when I decided to give it one more shot, it seems that the problem wasn't the camera, but the SD card.

I was able to extract the pictures from the SD card by using a USB SD card reader. Now the card won't mount to the desktop or be read by the camera causing the camera to not turn on.
I'm glad the camera is alright, SD cards are easily replaced, but the thought of not having my camera on my trip to Panama next month was killing me.

All is well now.

Wys.

:hmmm: Wonder why the card went bad? I'm sure the manufacturer will replace it, but odd - I don't think I've heard of a bad one.

Good that you found the source. I started to ask if you'd tried different batteries and different or no card. 1 gb cards start at $10 on Walmart.com, chepaer on Ebay maybe.

:hmmm: Wonder why the card went bad? I'm sure the manufacturer will replace it, but odd - I don't think I've heard of a bad one.
Fairly common for them to go bad. It just happens

It's ALIVE!

Wow, I was getting ready to ship the camera to Sealife when I decided to give it one more shot, it seems that the problem wasn't the camera, but the SD card.

I was able to extract the pictures from the SD card by using a USB SD card reader. Now the card won't mount to the desktop or be read by the camera causing the camera to not turn on.
I'm glad the camera is alright, SD cards are easily replaced, but the thought of not having my camera on my trip to Panama next month was killing me.

All is well now.

Wys.

GREAT! That's good to hear. Enjoy your trip to Panama, and be sure to send us some of your SeaLife photos for possible inclusion in our online photo gallery!

Back
Top Bottom