"Dead & Co" playing in Playa Dec 15th-18th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GR8FUL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just noticed that most of the former members of The Grateful Dead will be playing in Playa Dec 15th thru 18th.

I was a huge fan of the Dead back before Jerry died....since then not so much, and anyway definitely not interested in paying $3,000-$4,000 to see them play. Doesn't really matter as the shows and related resorts are sold out!I

Evidently they are playing on the beach....presumably they somehow fence-off the area where the concert is held? I'm surprised resorts are allowed to restrict access to the beach....guess they couldn't stop someone for anchoring a boat or kayak just offshore and listening to the show??

Saw them in NYC/MSG a few weeks ago and the show was awesome! Played a good bit of Terrapin Station!

Hmm, I'll be in CZM over these dates:)

I saw Bobby with the Campfire Band a few months ago. They were really good, too; the second set was all Dead material and the band really pulled it off. I enjoyed it so much that I bought a ticket for the second night's show. It was a completely different show but every bit as good.

I'm going tonight with a bud of mine with whom I went to many Dead shows back in the day.

Come here my band instead - no cover charge!

Me And My Uncle

Catfish John

and some of our originals, for good measure

Mostly Young Band

My first Dead concert was May, 1970 and haven't stopped listening since. It's a privilege (attempt to) play their music.
Let's see, with various ensembles I play Me and My Uncle, Deal, The Monkey and the Engineer, One More Saturday Night, Promised Land, Peggy-o, Big River, Mama Tried, All Over Now, Franklin's Tower, Dark Hollow, Scarlet Begonias, Know You Rider... I'm sure there are others I can't think of right now.

My Dead cherry was broken in May of 1981, and it was like getting slapped up side of the head. Ohhhhh, so THIS is what all the fuss is about! :D

Last edited:
Come here my band instead - no cover charge!

Me And My Uncle

Catfish John

and some of our originals, for good measure

Mostly Young Band

My first Dead concert was May, 1970 and haven't stopped listening since. It's a privilege (attempt to) play their music.
Wish we knew this last August! Upon our next visit for sure! Or you can perform in CZM in two weeks for us :cheers:

Catfish sounded great!

I started a thread a while ago about JG being a diver...if you missed it,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom