Never say never: a week of firsts in a year of many

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Great Escape dive at PV was not one of the better dives because of poor viz, but it was still a good day for my buddies. They got to practice buoyancy control and navigation in poor viz. Not too good for me. I got nasal congestion and could only squeezed in one dive. Still a fun day.

HT you went on the GE after the peace boat dive? Sorry you only got 2 dives in on peace and one on GE.

Dennis,

There comes a point where the sheer number of dives don't really mean squat, but the experience did. I had fun on both days, albeit on the second day I was breathing out of my mouth - kinda tough to eat the good grubs while having a nasty nasal congestion.

Thanks for posting that, Elena! I really enjoyed reading it and hope to get out with you in 2010. Doesn't even have to be at a site with difficult access, but it can be if you want :wink:

Thanks, Nicole. I'll probably take you up on that.

Today I dove Corona del Mar. I hadn't been there in 2009. Not challenging but a good site for classes doing skills - scoping out for an upcoming class. Flat, no mountain climbing. :) No surf, gentle entry. :) No viz..I swam into the reef before I could see it. :(

Every dive in SoCal is an adventure into the unknown, even when you think you know the site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom