Deactivating certain threads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deefstes

Contributor
Reaction score
Johannesburg, South Africa (not close enough to th
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm not sure if this functionality exists but I, for one, would find it very useful. Is there a way that I can mark a certain thread so that it doesn't show up in my "New Posts" page?

I can mark entire subforums (or is that subfora?) not to show up in my "New Posts" page which is very useful already. It justs helps a lot that I don't have to filter through all the posts dealing with Trimix blending, dive clubs from the other side of the world or certain maufacturers that I just don't really have an interest in.

I usually start every morning by opening SB on the "New Posts" page and usually have about 2 pages of threads to work through. If I don't log in for a couple of days (like a weekend) I have closer to 5 or 6 pages of threads to wade through. This usually includes a large number of threads that I have read before and have lost interest in or it just doesn't apply to me, despite being in a subforum that I generally do read and don't want to add to my exclusion list.

The http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/non-diving-related-stuff/351712-10-11-nhl-hockey-thread.html is a case in point. I often enjoy threads in the Non Diving Related subforum but, living in South Africa and not knowing the first thing about NHL, this thread really doesn't interest me and would make it much easier for me if I could simply mark that thread to be excluded from my "New Posts" page, even if it has received new posts since I was away and even if it is in a subforum that I have not excluded.

Is that possible?

In a thread under Thread Tools, you can mark the thread as IGNORE. I expect that would do what you want.

Booyaaa. That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Pity you have to go into the thread first before you can ignore it but that'll do for now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom