Dcs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkkchris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I am having a strange leg sensation after a few (very conservative) dives this weekend.

Both legs have intermittent "pings" is the best way I can describe it. "Pings" of mild pain that last under a second in various locations although mostly from the knees and down. Not just joints... feels more like in the veins or muscles. I also have a slight tingling/mild warmth sensation at times. There are no visible signs, rashes, redness, etc. It is very intermittent and mild but something I have not experienced before.

My dive profiles were two dives, max depth on both 46ft, 50-60 minutes tbt each. Computers on very conservative, safety stops 20-15 well over 5 minutes each. 1.5hr surface between dives.

Last dives were a week earlier and max depth on those were about 75ft. I may have been experiencing some of the same "symptoms" from then, but it is mild so I cannot say 100%

Thoughts? (other than calling DAN, which of course I am going to do)

Consult a physician, not Scubaboard. You'll get a diagnosis instead of an opinion. :wink:

So I am having a strange leg sensation after a few (very conservative) dives this weekend.

Both legs have intermittent "pings" is the best way I can describe it. "Pings" of mild pain that last under a second in various locations although mostly from the knees and down. Not just joints... feels more like in the veins or muscles. I also have a slight tingling/mild warmth sensation at times. There are no visible signs, rashes, redness, etc. It is very intermittent and mild but something I have not experienced before.

My dive profiles were two dives, max depth on both 46ft, 50-60 minutes tbt each. Computers on very conservative, safety stops 20-15 well over 5 minutes each. 1.5hr surface between dives.

Last dives were a week earlier and max depth on those were about 75ft. I may have been experiencing some of the same "symptoms" from then, but it is mild so I cannot say 100%

Thoughts? (other than calling DAN, which of course I am going to do)

If you ever have questions like this, call DAN.

1-800-446-2671

(8:30-5:00- PM ET)

If it is after hours and getting worse, call the emergency number: 1-919-684-4326

The profiles sound benign, and to my knowledge, DCS does not present as brief, intermittent pangs of pain. It is worth talking to the folks at DAN, but I think they'll tell you the same thing.

As to what DOES cause symptoms like yours, I'm at a loss.

Google restless leg syndrome see if that fits.

Google restless leg syndrome see if that fits.
Yeah, but seeing a physician would be best. I had a sore calf once, put it off to older age and pulled muscle maybe, went diving with my GF who flew in for her first post-C dives, but it got worse. Amazingly I survived, even tho I didn't see a doctor until Monday. The usually stoic nurses face got very white when I showed her my leg, and she got the doc in quickly! Started blood clot therapy.

Does not sound like what you're dealing with at all, but see a doctor.

If it's happening to both legs, more noticably below the knee, my first suspicion is with the lower spine and the sciatic nerve. Of course, you should have it checked, most especially if symptoms worsen; urgently/emergently if numbness or weakness sets in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom