DCS incident analysis requested

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

His computer put him into deco.

He went to 125' on air, on purpose, while he watched his buddy go to 145', making him essentially solo at 125' on air.

Charlie99:
So any dive where you have a deco obligation is an unsafe profile from a DCS point of view?
Any dive where you have a deco obligation, 0 deco training, and are doing the deco according to what a computer specifically not designed for decompression diving is telling you to do, then yes.

That is risky.

onfloat:
It was unplanned, at least by him. His buddy planned the 1st and 2nd dive he took part in the planning of the third.
How does this affect the DIVE PROFILE? How does this affect decompression and DCS?

There seems to be a consensus that he got bent because of a bad profile, or too short of SI or 3 dives in one day or some other sort of thing.

Do you have a specific problem with the PROFILE reported .... such as Dive 1 was too long for the average depth?

If you do have a specific problem, please explain.

A dive profile that requires deco is risky if the diver is on a single tank, solo, deep, with no deco training.

You have to admit that, Charlie.

Also, fact is we don't know what his profile was. The fact that he went into deco means we're missing something, because the average depths and times he listed are probably not deco profiles.

jonnythan:
His computer put him into deco.

He went to 125' on air, on purpose, while he watched his buddy go to 145', making him essentially solo at 125' on air.

i dint meany dive buddy i meant friend, my dive buddy is my gf and she was 5 feet above me.

Charlie99:
How does this affect the DIVE PROFILE? How does this affect decompression and DCS?

There seems to be a consensus that he got bent because of a bad profile, or too short of SI or 3 dives in one day or some other sort of thing.

Do you have a specific problem with the PROFILE reported .... such as Dive 1 was too long for the average depth?

If you do have a specific problem, please explain.

i got bent becasue of a bad profile in dive 1, factor in my lack of sleep and vigorous exercise. i should have been out of the water for at least 6 hours after the first dive.

Charlie99:
So any dive where you have a deco obligation is an unsafe profile from a DCS point of view?
It depends on if he was diving a balanced rig or not.....but oops who's definition? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom