DCIEM Decompression Model

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now I am Puzzed, about a month ago I got a hold of some no mind at Citizen and they told me that it was only made in metric, I really wanted one badly but I didn't want one in metric...... I know that the Hyper aqualand comes in both and with everything I have read on the Cyber aqualand it doesn't specify?
Rob

Genesis once bubbled...
on eBAY for the ones there is from $399 to $550.
These are definitely advertised as the "NX" versions.

Well, I just took a look on ebay and the only reference to $399 is a starting bid in an auction; the "buy it now" price is $459. The other one is has a "buy it now" price of $559.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy to see them as cheap as possible. I just don't expect to see them below $50% off.

and it has no bids on it.

There were a couple more of them that went out during the last few days, but I didn't track the final price.

Looks like they're selling slowly, which means there's a decent shot at getting them just under or right near $400.

Genesis once bubbled...
measures in feet, not meters. Definitely imperial units.

There is a website for the watch and in the Qeustions and Answers section it says the watch CANNOT be switched to Imperial!!!
I doubt they're going to have a lot of happy campers when they get the thing underwater and read the deptch at 13.3M.

Here's the URL:

Http://watch.citizen.co/jp/cyber-nx/cyber-nx_e.htm

This is getting to be pretty common - to discourage "unauthorized dealers", manufacturers are now locking the units and prohibiting changes, then selling imperial units in those markets (predominently the US) and the metric ones elsewhere.

Genesis once bubbled...
This is getting to be pretty common - to discourage "unauthorized dealers", manufacturers are now locking the units and prohibiting changes, then selling imperial units in those markets (predominently the US) and the metric ones elsewhere.

It's made in Finland, isn't it? How can you tell this is the Japanese version?

I'm curious to see whether Citizen sends these units into Canada as metric or imperial. We received two for testing earlier this summer, and both were set up as metric.

When I enquired about switching between metres and feet the rep sent me a separate utility program to make the switch. From the sounds of it using the utility will erase everything in memory. You only have a choice of feet/Fahrenheit and metres/celsius. Those of us who still think of depth in feet and temperature in Celsius are screwed.

Given that diving is the only place I still use feet routinely I think I'll leave the Cyber Aqualand alone and get with the metric program. Gas calculations are a lot simpler in metric, and I don't have to go through mental gymnasitcs to figure out what "cold" and "really cold" is in Fahrenheit.

It was interesting to dive metric while we were testing it though. Old habits and all that...

Oops. I was thinking of Suunto when I said it was made in Finland.

Anyway, to answer Delta, I can't imagine switching to something not entirely comfortable just because that's the way this one computer works. Geez, there are dozens of others out there. This is just one new gizmo.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom