DC600 Battery Life - Is There a Way to Improve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dflaher

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone - I've searched the forum for advice and couldn't find anything specific to my situation. I have a DC600 with a battery that gets about 30 minutes of life underwater.

I'm pretty happy with the camera overall and not looking to replace, but I would rather have my bottom time controlled by my computer than my camera :crafty:.

I have an extra battery, but I really hate to swap them out during the SI.

I've reduced the sleep and auto-off settings as low as practicllly possible. Are there any batteries out there that have a longer life, or any other ways to increase life? It is hard to believe that a dive camera battery wouldn't be designed to last more than a standard dive. :idk:

Thanks,
Dan

Hello everyone - I've searched the forum for advice and couldn't find anything specific to my situation. I have a DC600 with a battery that gets about 30 minutes of life underwater.

I'm pretty happy with the camera overall and not looking to replace, but I would rather have my bottom time controlled by my computer than my camera :crafty:.

I have an extra battery, but I really hate to swap them out during the SI.

I've reduced the sleep and auto-off settings as low as practicllly possible. Are there any batteries out there that have a longer life, or any other ways to increase life? It is hard to believe that a dive camera battery wouldn't be designed to last more than a standard dive. :idk:

Thanks,
Dan

You can get 1000mah batteries for the DC600. I have three of them. They will last about 200-250 shots before they die. Its the best I've found.

One thing to know is that rechargeable batteries will gradually decay with use/years.

I would buy 2 new batteries, this way you can replace the battery between dives. I have a DC1200 and I always change my battery between dives, because I take a LOT of pictures and want the flash to recharge as fast as possible.

Not sure if this applies to your cam, but make sure that your camera is not set to any continuous focus mode and set it so that it auto suts off after 1 min.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom