DC drysuit glove installation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver:
Why don't you just reto fit some Viking ring cuffs or those DUI Zip seals on your suit.

In retrospect, this is what I should have done. :shakehead

When I get a chance, I probably WILL have this done.

What color little rings were you trying to use? I used the blue rings to install the suit-side rings on my Bare drysuit's latex wrist seals, and I followed the instructions without a problem. (It was certainly more in the realm of minutes than hours.) The screw-jack quick release works fine for me, too. The only "difficulty" the rings and gloves have given me is in the donning, but I seem to be getting better with practice.

Maybe I just have some innate mechanical ability or something, but it really didn't seem like a big deal when I did it, so I'm trying to grasp the problem.

(Incidentally, I love dry gloves.)

ClayJar:
What color little rings were you trying to use? I used the blue rings to install the suit-side rings on my Bare drysuit's latex wrist seals, and I followed the instructions without a problem. (It was certainly more in the realm of minutes than hours.) The screw-jack quick release works fine for me, too. The only "difficulty" the rings and gloves have given me is in the donning, but I seem to be getting better with practice.

Maybe I just have some innate mechanical ability or something, but it really didn't seem like a big deal when I did it, so I'm trying to grasp the problem.

(Incidentally, I love dry gloves.)

I used the green rings - I tried the blue rings, but when I tested them in the water, which was about 0-1 degrees, the rings slipped out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom