DC dry gloves - with inner seal or without?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your hands don't get cold, then it was better to trade for Jet Fins.

As for narrow sleeves, the Viking bayonet system or the OS Systems ring set may fit. They are smaller than the DC rings.

If you're curious, ping me. I should have spare rings to test fit. I don't have a complete system to try unfortunately.

Thanks Don, I might take you up on that at some point.

I took the jets into the pool tonight to compare with the Hollis F1s. They're very similar in most respects. The F1s are a bit more comfortable around my drysuit boots due to a more modern/generous foot pocket design, and the spring straps are significantly easier to doff/don. I think I prefer kicking the jets a little bit more though. They're slightly shorter, which makes the loading stroke a bit less cumbersome on almost any kick I tried.

Heh, the dark side does appeal to me. Shooting lightning bolts from your fingers will always be cooler than a sense of self-satisfaction and living in swamps. :D

One of my goals for 2010 is to invest in a BP/W setup. I'm not sure when in 2010 it's going to happen, but it's on the list... That gives me a while to research Halcyon vs. DSS vs. DiveRite, etc.

Brian,

If and when you decide, go Halcyon all the way, you can be a smurf like me with all the blue lettering everywhere... :D

J/K

In all seriousness, Halcyon has treated me like gold when ever I had a concern about equipment and I did. During a huge promotion, the double down promotion, I qualified for a brandnew doubles' wing for just $100 bucks.

Long story short, the LDS didn't want to comply, enter Halcyon and they shipped it out directly to my house, no questions asked, just a simple email, I didn't have to show them receipt.

When I purchased my 21 watt HID, they answered a ton of my questions and called me back on several occasions after the light was purchased to make sure my diving with it went well.

They have been good to me and gave me A+ service, I don't know about the others CS but Halcyon gets my approval.

Everywhere I go, all divers tease me and ask If I don't mind parting with my equipment; that they would like to go blue. :D

man mike you drank some blue cool aid! (joking aside--- I own a halcyon setup too)

Brian, go to anywater. I was looking at the oxycheq setup and the DSS stuff, but they gave me a good deal on the halcyon and thats why I ended up with the blue H's. it was a tossup on the actual features/functions between all three.

I actually want to re-thread mine to lose the H's on the strapping. I think there was a discussion on another thread about this topic though....

One of my goals for 2010 is to invest in a BP/W setup. I'm not sure when in 2010 it's going to happen, but it's on the list... That gives me a while to research Halcyon vs. DSS vs. DiveRite, etc.

Anytime you want to meet at AWS, drop me a PM.

The board is definitely a great resource while comparing options, but sometimes it's just easier to actually see the BCs and the differences.

AWS is a great shop with a varied selection: Halcyon, DSS, Dive Rite, and OxyCheq.

I use the thumb loops of my undergarments to equalize the gloves. I kept having problems with tubes making their way into the suit of gloves.
I have an older suit that I tried an experiment on. I got tired of replacing wrist seals every 50-60 dives, so I attached the rings directly to the rubber lining where the wrist seals were glued before. I shoved the O-ring as tight as possible, then taped around the ring as tight as possible. I made a couple of dives this way and not a drop of water came in. It is much easier to get in and out of the suit, plus get air into the gloves without wrist seals. When the seals on my primary suit need replacing I will likely do the same to it.

Since the thread has drifted a bit, let me ask if anyone has any strong opinions about the style of latex wrist seals they use, with a particular type of glove (wet/dry) or brand? Reason I ask, the shop being out of my usual cone style last time I needed a replacement, I've got one cone-shaped seal (well, I think it's cone, but there's another similar style the name of which escapes me) and one bottle-shaped. The cone-shaped seems to be easier to use with my wet gloves, but I'll probably be going dry in the not too distant future, so was wondering if anyone had any preferences?

Guy

Back
Top Bottom