DC 961 Seems Loose on Mounting Base

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

icemn2003

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I've recently purchased a DC1200 Elite setup, and it seems like the strobe arm is too loose on the base- it just rotates a little too easily. I can't figure out if it's possible to tighten it- and searching everywhere online isn't helping either. Is there a way to fix this?? Thanks much for any help

It should not rotate at all. The flash attaches to the housing with a set screw as pictured below, from page 11 of your flash manual - available here if you don't have it: http://www.sealife-cameras.com/assets/pdf/manuals/digitalflashpro/EN_DigitalFlashProManual_09.pdf
Attach camera (housing) to the flash’s mounting base. Carefully
hand-tighten the mounting screw. Do not over tighten!

Important:
Only attach the flash to cameras/housings with minimum thread
depth of 0.250” (6.4mm) and using standard 1⁄4-20 tripod type thread.
Never force or over-tighten the screw, or you may damage the
housing seal and threads.

Attachments

• SH-01.jpg
    SH-01.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 52
I had a problem with mine also. Where the strobe arm attaches to the base you can roll the foam up past the first knuckle on the arm. Bend the arm at the first knuckle until it seperates. Inside there will be lanyard with a 1/4 20 stainless steel screw attaching the assembly to the base. An allen wrench and a couple of turn's will tighten everything up. Then just snap the knuckle back together and fix your foam.
p_00340.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom