• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

DC 1400=how to hold?

Discussion in 'The SeaLife Station' started by coonie, Apr 5, 2013.

1. dmoore19

dmoore19 Denizen of the PUB ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Not to butt in, I use a curly lanyard clipped to a chest d-ring on my BCD. If doing a giant stride off the back of the boat, I splash and go back to the platform to get my camera, I hand the camera up before boarding the boat. If doing a backroll, I hold the camera close to my chest and roll in, when getting back onboard the boat I hand the camera up before getting on board. They usually have my camera in the fresh water camera bucket when I get out, I get it out of the bucket as soon as possible and get it to the camera table to avoid it getting damaged by another camera being dropped in on top of it. I have an older DC800 with the older Sealife strobe and video light and never had a problem. The dc 1400 with the new Dragon strobe and video light is a very nice set up. Hope you get some great pics!!!!

2. mitchsea

mitchsea Captain

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I agree, that is exactly how I do it. Never had a problem.

3. coonie

coonie Angel Fish

4. coonie

coonie Angel Fish

5. scubabudie

scubabudie Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Regarding the original question: I built a tray from a plastic cutting board that extends the base and allows me to hold the camera at the base. I also mounted a GoPro on the opposite side. Works very well.