DBLs in F or singles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm taking fundies next month. A very experienced diver has offered to loan me his doubles & wing, give me a couple of lessons at it, and suggests I do the DIRF class with them. I've never dived doubles before.

Opinions?

Don't do it ... dive the rig you're familiar with.

In the two DIR-F classes I attended, only one person did the class in doubles.

And, to be honest, he didn't do very well because he couldn't hold his buoyancy in doubles. I was one of his team mates, and the dude kept swimming around all the time. I spent half the class chasing after him, and the other half trying to get out of his way.

Stick with what you're used to ... both yourself and your team mates will be glad for it.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Take it in singles. The last thing you want to be doing underwater is thinking about gear because you're not especially comfortable in it. You want to focus on yourself and your body, not the gear.

jonnythan:
So I can close the thread now, huh? lol
Not yet! I'm waiting for someone to come buy and say, how dare you say what I should do. You should give your opinion and let me be free to dive any way I want. Then you remind them that this is the DIR forum and then off we go!

Don't listen to that fool johnnython, he doesn't even have 200 dives. This other guy who was my Boat Diving instructor has 15,000 dives all over the world and is a cave diver and man I tell you he uses a 200 year old jacket BC and some Poseidon regs he buitl himself and he made me wear doubles for the first time on the first Boat Dive and I still got teh card!!! Dont listen and do whatever your comfortable with because you don't want some crazy religious cult leader telling you what to do.

jonnythan:
Don't listen to that fool johnnython, he doesn't even have 200 dives. This other guy who was my Boat Diving instructor has 15,000 dives all over the world and is a cave diver and man I tell you he uses a 200 year old jacket BC and some Poseidon regs he buitl himself and he made me wear doubles for the first time on the first Boat Dive and I still got teh card!!! Dont listen and do whatever your comfortable with because you don't want some crazy religious cult leader telling you what to do.
Ditto

johnnythan:
First solid advice I've seen yet Jonnythan, keep up the good work.. :p

Matt

OK, now you can close it.

:D

Question asked, question answered, hilarity ensued, now it's closed.

Voila :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom