Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Director's Bay to Tug Boat should be no problem at all, assuming you exit at Tug Boat.

I've done Bay to Tug Boat and back again a few times now, although I typically turn around when I see the tug boat, not at it, and still get out with a decent reserve left.

The one thing to note there, is that there is real nice shallow reef almost the entire way between the two, so you always have the option of finishing the dive out at 20ft/6, and still having a good dive.

The more challenging one is Playa Grandi to Playa Kalki, that's a long swim.
Did the Playa Grandi to Playa Kalki (Alice in Wonderland) traverse today. That is one long swim. Completely agree with ioninterrupt.

My thought was to take a one hour surface interval, grab another tank and do the traverse back. There was some current going south to north and I was beat anyway so that didn't happen. So I did an hour dive at Playa Kalki, stored my stuff with Go West and walked the 20 minutes home to All West to get the truck.

Pretty unique dive that was quite interesting.

Did the Playa Grandi to Playa Kalki (Alice in Wonderland) traverse today. That is one long swim.

Just short of one km:

Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 10.17.09 PM.png

Google Maps works great for planning these dives anywhere on the island. Just Right-Click and select "Measure Distance". Since you can see the reef, you can get some decently accurate distances.

I did something like this in Bonaire, starting at Sand $ and surfacing at CDH. Much shorter distance but I was in no rush.

Does anybody have into or input on 'Sublime Divers' located at Rancho Sobrino? I have used Go West in the past and been very happy with them, although schlepping the Nitrox up the steps is a PITA. Staying at Marazul, and Sublime is right across the parking lot. Would certainly be convenient!

Just short of one km:

We went around the cliff from the fishing pier beach, probably 3/4 of what you measured. Walking back to the truck was suboptimal, maybe someone should suggest GoWest to keep a couple of bicycles one could borrow for this. We also drifted from GoWest to Alvin's plane once, but we had the boat pick us up on that one.

Are prices on restaurant websites in Curacao priced in Guilders, Euros or Dollars? Or, is it "it depends"?

Are prices on restaurant websites in Curacao priced in Guilders, Euros or Dollars? Or, is it "it depends"?
Guilders and dollars normally (but they are linked: 2 guilders is just over 1 dollar)

Does anybody have into or input on 'Sublime Divers' located at Rancho Sobrino? I have used Go West in the past and been very happy with them, although schlepping the Nitrox up the steps is a PITA. Staying at Marazul, and Sublime is right across the parking lot. Would certainly be convenient!
We used them for our first dive day 2 years ago. We showed up in the morning during his open hours, but someone had to call him at home. Now, this was during Covid, so that could be why. He was very helpful and happy to assist us.
You will want to drive over. The gate between the two is always locked now.

Erik

Back
Top Bottom