Day trips from Phi Phi to Hin Daeng/Hin Mounag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littleguppie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Are there day trips from Phi Phi to dive Hin Daeng/Hin Mounag? What companies?

And same question from Phuket? Are there day trips from Phuket to Hin Daeng?

Thank you!

Hi there,

I have worked on both Phi Phi and Phuket for around 10 years, and the easiest way to get to Hin Daeng is via Phi Phi on a speed boat. The trip takes around an hour anda half and costs around 4000 Baht. There are literally dozens and dozens of dive shops on Phi Phi who run the trip, usually on the same boats, so don't worry about booking before you go, there will always be spaces available. I would recommend Blue View Divers if you do decide to go there.
From Phuket no company runs a regular trip to Hin Daeng, but another option would be to do these sites via a liveaboard. There are boats that do a southern Andaman safari and dive Hin Daeng/Hin Muang, Koh Haa, Koh Phi Phi and a few other spots. This would be the best, most comfortable option to dive these sites.

I dived there in May and had some excellent encounters with large Manta Rays.

Have a great trip with whatever option you decide to go with.

From Phuket no company runs a regular trip to Hin Daeng,
Also from Phuket there are regular daytrips to Hin Daeng/Muang. I would prefer a liveaboard from Phuket, but daytrips are possible.

If you haven't decided on your location, you could also consider Ko Lanta as well. It's further south, so it is a little bit closer to Hin Daeng & Hun Muang. There's around 18 dive shops on the island and almost all of them make regular trips. You can get more info on all of your options in our dive guide, if that's helpful.

Have a great trip.

Another option is to dive from Ao Nang Krabi. We run overnight trips with the first day of diving on Phi Phi. Overnight hotel on Phi Phi and then second day Hin Daeng, Hin Mouang and Koh Haa on the way back. Check my website in my signature.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom