Day trip to Travis possible..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys get out today? How about a dive report?

Willie

wet-willie:
You guys get out today? How about a dive report?

Willie

I PMd ianr33 on Friday to let him know I would not be down--SINUS issue---dang it.

texdiveguy:
I PMd ianr33 on Friday to let him know I would not be down--SINUS issue---dang it.

Welcome to my world... :(

I made it out to the dam, and it was, well, usual. We went down the first jailhouse to the bottom, then went up and followed the wall of the dam at 100 or so until we met land, then cruised up along the meeting of ground and the dam until we found two boats, one at 40 and one at 15. For the most part it seemed around 10 feet of viz throughout, but the last 10 feet on top are pretty crappy near shore. On the way down the dam, it was all pretty much the same viz throughout. Bottom Temp is at 63 degrees, and the first thermocline is at roughly 75 feet. Just four more dives until 200...

PvilleStang:
I made it out to the dam, and it was, well, usual. We went down the first jailhouse to the bottom, then went up and followed the wall of the dam at 100 or so until we met land, then cruised up along the meeting of ground and the dam until we found two boats, one at 40 and one at 15. For the most part it seemed around 10 feet of viz throughout, but the last 10 feet on top are pretty crappy near shore. On the way down the dam, it was all pretty much the same viz throughout. Bottom Temp is at 63 degrees, and the first thermocline is at roughly 75 feet. Just four more dives until 200...

Very balmy water temps... 100ffw@63f

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom