Day trip to Travis possible..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone have plans for diving Travis (dam area or other area) this Friday-Sat-Sun. I had a tentetive 2 nighter planned to go to Mo.,,but it is on 'hold' for a week or so. I usually get to Travis by 10amish and leave late day for home--ZZzzzz. I know the reports are that the lake is SO down,,,I was there 1.5 months back and it was low then. I would be doing 'deeper' dips,,,say 100-130+ffw.

I'm working Friday night, Alan.....sorry :(

So I guess folks are back to work and school after the summer vacation.

I'm going to be there Sinday the 17th diving with an OW class that a couple of friends are taking at Windy Point Private. I dove on the Dam side last Saturday and it was a little dark below 40' but manageable, my max was 60 in the cove we were diving but water temp was still in the 80's with visibility about 5-10'

Jay_SMART_Diver:
I'm going to be there Sinday the 17th diving with an OW class that a couple of friends are taking at Windy Point Private. I dove on the Dam side last Saturday and it was a little dark below 40' but manageable, my max was 60 in the cove we were diving but water temp was still in the 80's with visibility about 5-10'

Thanks for the info..

Alan,
We have talked about making a visit down the Grand old lake- Travis but it seems a bit of a waste.

Lake level is down from standard 681 to 647 that’s down 34ft.
That level is way below what I want to walk at for Mansfield Dam.
At Windy Point Private that’s down to the lower platforms.
Windy point public you might be able to use the beach for an entry?
Plus, San Marcos river gauge is showing 4ft which is nuts- ground water level is way down.

I am thinking of heading somewhere- but that’s the question; where??

Hey Frank- Roll the bones and see what they say???

Alternates anyone??? I am thinking of heading North...

Andrew

Crazyduck:
Alternates anyone??? I am thinking of heading North...

Andrew

There is always Broken Bow and Murray or Lake DeGray. The pickens this summer have been slim... :-(

If you are up to diving let me know Andrew.

I could do a dive on saturday . Prefer Windy Point public over the Dam (especially as you can park on the beach at water level)

Lately we have been doing 20@130,something like that (not going to get any deeper!)

PM me if you want to set something up

Crazyduck:
Alan,
We have talked about making a visit down the Grand old lake- Travis but it seems a bit of a waste.

Travis is good at the moment. Decent Viz. Max depth is around 130.Diving the edge of the river channel is neat.

You can park next to the water at Windy Point Public.

ianr33:
You can park next to the water at Windy Point Public.

A few months past I was diving there but the park officer had us park in the lots,,,,are they 'allowing' you to leave car down there now??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom