Davao to Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I will be heading from Manado to Davao and making my way to Dumaguete. What are my options for transport from Davao to Dumaguete? Perhaps an interesting stop on the way? Have a fair amount of dive gear and not getting any younger, so something not to strenuous!

Thanks!

there are a lot of options available. you can go via cebu (plane then ferry) or cagayan de oro (bus, then plane or ferry). dropping by davao for a few day should be interesting enough.

Dumagete has it's own airport, you don't have to go to Cebu first, but youo did ask for an interesting stopover. Dauin, south of Dumagete is were most of the dive resorts are, and they can take you to interesting dive sites. Ask about Apo Island.
If you do go to Cebu first, a stop at Panglao is. would provide interesting diving.
When are you going? My wife and I are going to Cebu in Feb.

Heading to Philippines last week of Feb. Have been a few times before:Malapascua, S. Leyte (2x), Puerto Gallera (2x), Panglao, Apo Is., Tubataha reef, and Boracay in 1982 when it was still a paradise! Just bought a decent map, it shows a ferry from near Dipolog, Mindanao to Dumaguete - anyone know how often it goes and how long it takes? The map also shows a few beaches near Dipolog, would there be any diving in this area?
Thanks!

dipolog is a long way from davao. bing should have more info on that.

Sorry, was going to buy the Phil. guide book when I got to Singapore. Another option would be to dive around Samal Island (or stay on Talikud?). Can anyone compare it to ,say, Dumaguete? Anyone been out to these islands recently? I'm and experienced diver (almost 1000) and prefer reef diving with a fair amount of macro and/or muck diving. Happy with 3 star accom. ($50+/-), prefer a bit of A/C to keep the camera gear and laptop from the humidity. Also see there is a dive shop at Dakak (near Dipolog) @ the Dakak Park Beach Resort. How long would it take for an express bus to go from Davao to Dipolog? Any info appreciated!

Sorry, was going to buy the Phil. guide book when I got to Singapore. Another option would be to dive around Samal Island (or stay on Talikud?). Can anyone compare it to ,say, Dumaguete? Anyone been out to these islands recently? I'm and experienced diver (almost 1000) and prefer reef diving with a fair amount of macro and/or muck diving. Happy with 3 star accom. ($50+/-), prefer a bit of A/C to keep the camera gear and laptop from the humidity. Also see there is a dive shop at Dakak (near Dipolog) @ the Dakak Park Beach Resort. How long would it take for an express bus to go from Davao to Dipolog? Any info appreciated!
davao to dipolog may take a minimum of 8 hours... as it is, davao-cagayan de oro is about 8 hours as it is...

zamboanga to dipolog (a friend of mine did it a few years ago) is about 10 hours total... triangulate from that and you're in for a butt-number... not fun with dive gear...

try airphilippines or seair or asian spirit... they might have puddle-jumps from davao to ozamis or such and from there you can connect to the visayas from northern mindanao

Jag

PS
or have you thought of davao - gensan? diving in gensan is fantastic

Shugar. I don't know diving around Mindanao, so more info on the diving around Gensan would be great (operators, accom., sites, etc.). "Davao to Dipolog, 8 hours", is this in a jeepney or A/C bus? I can handle an 8 hour bus ride (I've done few 24 hour ones in the past) as long as they are reasonalby comfortable. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom