DATAMAX my first impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Finally the mask arrived, so I could give my husband his B-day present. We got it this morning when picking up tanks for today's dives. It was great to get it but not enough to cancel the dive to go thru the set up. So early tonight we went at it.

First impression? All that money and doesn't include stickers. Not even a generic Oceanic sticker, I was hoping to get some amazing ones but nada.

The actual case for the mask looks strong enough to protect it, but I wonder how good it will age if the mask is not dry completely before storing it. The transponder looks like the typical Oceanic one.

A wonderful surprise, it uses the same interface cable as the Versa Pro, which is our current units. It would've not surprised me to need a different device, so I really appreciate the gesture.

I didn't do a lot of research about the mask, I just knew that it would allow my husband to dive the way he did when he started: only one hose for the second stage. For some reason I thought this had an air-only puter in the mask, once again it was very good to see that it takes 02 % like any Nitrox computer.

The manual is well written and extremelly easy to follow. Along with the manual, the included CD also has good pdf files with an easy step by step. A person familiar with dive computers should be able to go thru all the set up in just a few minutes.

Until now we stayed away from the air integrated computers because change is difficult to accept. However, we both work with underwater devices that depend on transducers from Monday to Friday, I'm sure it will take several dives for him to actually pull the air gauge from the HP port but it will happen.

Now a question for the Oceanic people: Do you guys thought about corrective lenses? The actual data can be seen perfectly but if I want to use this mask is not enough for me to see the info, i'll need the correction to see what's in front of my face. And for sure I won't get a second unit until they put cool stickers in the box.

Attachments

• DataXtras.jpg
    DataXtras.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DATAbox.jpg
    DATAbox.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 34
  • DataMask.jpg
    DataMask.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 49

Back
Top Bottom