datamask transmitter serial number question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a_mart

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello folks,
I bought a used datamask with no transmitter. Shortly there after I bought a new Atom 2.0 from a Oceanic dealer with a transmitter. I got the Atom linked no problem. Then I tried linking the datamask to the same transmitter. The serial number for the atom transmitter is six digits the datamask only accepts 5 digits. I've tried a few different ways but so far it looks like the
datamask will not recognize the 6 digit transmitter. Is there anything I can do about this?

Last edited:
Yeah you don't need to use the first digit for the datamask.

Thanks for replying ScubaDocEr. I had previously tried what you suggested to no avail, presumably because my first digit is a 1 not a zero. FYI I also contacted Oceanic via telephone and
email. On the phone Oceanic confirmed my fear. They don't yet have a long term fix for this
problem. They will be getting back to me next week about the possibility of trading my
transmitter for one with a lower serial number. I used to be a software engineer in a previous life so I know how these things can go. I'm mellow about it as long as it gets sorted out in
the end. I own a number of Oceanic products and have confidence in the company.
I'm about to start a second thread about the Atom 2.0. I don't think it is behaving properly since it keeps switching on its own accord from main time mode to the alternate time zone set mode but won't let me set an alternate time or even turn on the alternate time zone. That being said I have a Pro Plus 2 and a Delta 4.0/fdx-10 regulator that have functioned flawlessly
for 5 years right out of the box.

Last edited:
Shftrdog thanks for responding, I'm willing to try again incase the error was on my part but Oceanic specifically asked me if my transmitter SN started with a 1, which it does. At which point he then went on to tell me it is a know bug they are working on.

BTW - I really liked Oceanic's customer service they were up front and to the point. They apologized a little more then I felt they needed to. Then again I have been involved in development and customer concerns so I may be a little more understanding then others. I'm still blown away by the HUD! :) It is way :cool2:

Last edited:
btw - i really liked oceanic's customer service they were up front and to the point. They apologized a little more then i felt
they needed to. Then i again i have been involved in development and customer concerns so i may be a little more
understanding then others. I'm still blown away by the hud! :) it is way :cool2:

+1:d:d:d

the Atom 2.0. I don't think it is behaving properly since it keeps switching on its own accord from main time mode to the alternate time zone set mode but won't let me set an alternate time or even turn on the alternate time zone. That being said I have a Pro Plus 2 and a Delta 4.0/fdx-10 regulator that have functioned flawlessly
for 5 years right out of the box.

FYI The Atom 2.0 is working correctly it was user error on my part. I assumed that since I had previously turned Alternate time "off" I could not switch it to my default time (a feature of the watch for traveling).

Oceanic Customer service called back today with a solution I'm happy with. I really like this company.

You know that you could have used the software to load the code it works that way as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom