Datamask Owners!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, My name is Kent. My wife and I just purchased two Datamasks and I have been unable to get either one to upload/download. I put it in the SET F mode as pg 124 of the manual instructs, but it still doesn't work. I've tried 'just turning it on' and having it in the NOR mode, but that doesn't work either. I can't get Oceanic to respond. Your help/suggestion would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

Check your other thread for a few ideas Kent. If those don't work, send me a PM and I'll work with you on it.

Phil, Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am in the NOR (Normal) mode. I've also tried uploading/downloading in the SET F mode as instructed on pg 124 of the manual, but that does nothing either. I'm going to try contacting Oceanic again, but don't know if I'll have any luck since this week is DEMA week and everyone generally goes to DEMA. I'll let you and others' know if I find anything out. Thanks again, Kent

I have a mask, and I love it. I have only used it on about half a dozen dives, but it hasn't flooded. I do have ONE problem though... when I download my info, it never records my ending tank pressure. Anyone else have this?

I know this is an older thread, but I just had a chance to download a short test dive from new DataMask to Ocean log 2.1.5 - and had same problem with the Dive screen not showing ending tank pressure - of course I can take the pressure from the Details page and manually input that into the Dive page, but just curious if you ever got an answer about this item. ?? :icon5:

On another somewhat insignifigant occurrance - downloaded the same dive into my desktop and also my laptop and one said dive was 26 mins and the other download on laptop said 25 mins - problably a rounding thing, but I just thought it was odd that the same dive data ended up slightly different on two seperate downloads - that's a no-biggie tho.

Yeah, ending tank pressure is a known issue with Oceanlog 2.1.X

I don't know about the dive time issue. If you're running the same version of Oceanlog, it should calculate dive time the same on both the PC and laptop.

Yeah, ending tank pressure is a known issue with Oceanlog 2.1.X

I don't know about the dive time issue. If you're running the same version of Oceanlog, it should calculate dive time the same on both the PC and laptop.

Yeah same version of Oceanlog - just one of those quircks on the dive time - no big issue, but it would be great to figure out the ending tank pressure missing thing - kind of a pain to have to manually input that - but then again I look at a lot of the features of electronic dive info as entertainment rather than earth shattering information :)

Take a look at this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/oceanic/187730-oceanlog-beta-version-2-1-4-available.html

It's an ongoing discussion about the latest versions of Oceanlog and some solutions that folks on here have worked out.

I never noticed that I wasn't getting tank ending pressures. I don't worry about much of the data, just that I have data........

Same here - don't worry much about the data. It just makes it look a little "glitchy" - not a perfect world - Man I sure do like the DataMask as a whole - fits well and great to have the numbers where I can see them :)

I got two new Datamasks and could not download/upload either of them successfully - even with Oceanic's help. I've seen other Datamasks in which ALL the screws have corrosion on them; just after a couple of dives. I took both of my Datamasks back. The guys at Oceanic are great. However, they have a lot more work to do on the Datamask and the Oceanlog software before they can justify a $1500 price tag.

Slo, You've had about 6 dives on your mask. Look at the screws that hold the computer compartment in place. Are the edges of the screws white and corroded? It seems that such corrosion is taking place on most all the Datamasks. After just a few dives, signs of corrosion are not good. Kent

Back
Top Bottom