"Dark Narc"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing your story. I think a lot of divers don't realize the dark factor of narcosis.

I'm glad to know that you were are to stop, analyze, think and act to make a safe exit from the water.

You described the symptoms that I have had on dry land because of
- not breathing enough
- overheating (also comes with tinnitus and red dots in vision)
- temporary loss of blood pressure in head (some symptoms)
- stress, physical OR mental, anxiety, ...

So maybe it was nitrogen... or lack of breathing... or exertion... or fear... or....

well I am glad this got posted. My wife had an issue on a dive back a bit ago that really has made her think she can't dive deep (even though we have been beyond there before and afterwards). She got hit at 80'. When I compare the scenario decribed, it's almost a match (aside from the Dr. Pepper thingy). Current, warm, struggle up top.... Need to show her this. Maybe it will calm her down some. Thanks for the insight.

As you said, STOP, CALM, THINK. Yep, that solves many issues, always a mantra for me.

Good to hear all came out right.

Good to hear that you weren't afraid to thumb the dive. Smart.

The worst narcosis that I ever had was when I descended rapidly to a depth of 50 meters in a cave. Yikes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom