DareToDive BP/W Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axluba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

I just want to do a short review of the DareToDive Backplate wing that I just received because I couldn't find much about this brand on the board.

short disclaimer: this is my first BP/W so I don't have a strong base for comparison and I haven't dove it yet but I'll update after some dives.

so first things first:
The ordering process was flawless. I had several questions regarding the wing and the possibilities and they were very responsive (we exchanged over 20 e-mails over a month and a half) with pictures, in a perfect English and with knowledgeable people. I received the package in less than a week well packed! Really top
image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image4.jpeg

So I received everything, the webbing was partially threaded. this webbing is the right amount of stiffness the aluminum plate is deburred properly, everything breath quality, the stitches are sound and strong.

I ordered the 17L (cuz very cold water diving, 15L steel, thick thick wetsuit...) Cordura 2000 deniers, the over pressure valve is EXTRA low profile and the elbow is also very low profile:

image6-1.jpeg image1-1.jpeg

I bought some ditchable weight system and some trim weight that ties to the backplate (I like it a lot)
image3-1.jpeg image4-1.jpeg

I paired it with 2 classical SS camband
image1.jpeg

here are some details that come with the backplate and wing (ofc an inflator hose was included too):
image5-1.jpeg image2-1.jpeg

Happy diving!

Very nice. I have dived DTD stuff for quite a while and have never had any issues. Their adjustable harness is what I use to do a BP/W "try dive" for curious divers, and those velcro trim pockets are indispensable to me for students (and any time I have a new config I am trying out)

Congratulations! Surely, it is a good investment. I dive the DTD Diamond Sidemount system. Everything is well made and I couldn't agree more about the responsiveness of their customer support. Upon my request, they even made some modifications of the gear.

Thanks everybody!

The gear seems really well made indeed. And they are very fair priced for the kind of support you get. For a brand that I found randomly on Internet I’m very happy. They deserve to be better known but I guess that marketing would come at a price.

Edit: I believe that for Europe they should be in every considerations! For outside they should still be a strong contender but I don’t know if they are as advantageous.

They currently have a 25% reduction on their colored 1000deniers 14L wing. I believe that they are selling the stock of wing fitted with regular opv and inflator elbow.

I think you attached your wing backwards. The inflator hose should be on the left side of your harness and the dump valve (bottom of wing) should be on the inside (facing your back). It looks like you attached your backplate to the back of the wing.

I think you attached your wing backwards. The inflator hose should be on the left side of your harness and the dump valve (bottom of wing) should be on the inside (facing your back). It looks like you attached your backplate to the back of the wing.
I know, and it’s my fault it should have been part of the disclaimer too.

It’s on purpose, I need my lpi on the right side so I chose a symmetrical wing (through the donut plane) to be able to flip it and have my lpi on the right without extra cost and hassle of customization

Back
Top Bottom