DareToDive BP/W Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes true! However I believe the rational is entanglement and unwanted activation for wreck and cave divers going in tony holes.. not a pb for me but I get the concept

Now get it wet and let us know how it dives!

Next week should be my first dives with it!

Ah ok, in fact i think all wing manufacturers should put the dump valve on the back of the wing as it would vent easier when in the horizontal dive position.
I understand why the OP had to do this, but I hope he doesn't have a problem with it. It looks like the dump might be hard to reach at the end of the dive when it's laying between the nearly empty wing and the tank.

I've been experimenting and it appears he will still be able to run it over his shoulder (assuming the dump elbow is adjustable). All mine are.

I understand why the OP had to do this, but I hope he doesn't have a problem with it. It looks like the dump might be hard to reach at the end of the dive when it's laying between the nearly empty wing and the tank.
Not sure I understand why it would be harder at the end? I was actually thinking that it might get tricky with some gaz in the in the wing “tacoing” it over the tank. I’ll let you know how it goes

I’m actually a bit more worried about emptying the wing with the elbow on the “backplate side” of the wing (assuming I’m properly trimmed) but I’m hopping to rely on the butt dump valve for this since that’s what I was doing in the rental bcd anyway...

But I was aware that it would take some work and experimentation to get my rig right anyway :)

Not sure I understand why it would be harder at the end? I was actually thinking that it might get tricky with some gaz in the in the wing “tacoing” it over the tank. I’ll let you know how it goes
At the end of the dive the wing will be pretty much wrapped up against the tank, unless you're overweighted and have a bunch of extra air in it. I can usually go a little head down at my safety stop and feel a fistful or so of air in the bottom of the wing.

I’m sure I’ll be able to reach it, however if it’s too hard with thick gloves I have simple modification ideas that will help.

I’ll report on this after a few dives

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom