Dania dive accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GrierHPharmD

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A co-worker just told me that she heard about a diving fatality off of Dania on the news this morning. I hope everybody from the group made it up yesterday.

-Grier

This is why I keep a state ID in my otter box attached to my bc.

Did they ever find the couple that was lost a few months back?

Is the location of this body at all compatible with those divers?

R

It was only the lady, her "buddy" survived. They found her BC unit but she's in the food chain.

WW

looks like this one is becoming more interesting. Just saw on the news that the police have reclassified this one as a "suspicious death". Seems our boy may have been murdered, dressed to look like a diver and tossed in the sea! They showed pics of his face and the gear he was wearing, including a mismatched set of Jet fins, looked to be a large and a medium.

Bad part is the guy looked familiar but I can't place the face just yet.

I'll post a link to story in paper tomorrow if I remember. Feel free to PM and remind me.

WW

There was a small article in the Sun Sentinel, white male, 5-10, 180 lbs, reddish hair--may have died under suspicious circumstances.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom