Dangers of home brew

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was it posted in texas swamp divers already? if so sorry for the double post and mods please remove, I only come to this forum on scuba board so if its some place else I didn't see it.

Handling high pressure gases always contains some danger, risk of explosions and fires are real even when following SOP albiet very small when done properly, everything contains risk, even sitting on the couch eating cheatos.

Yes, there really is a reason why you have to scrub tanks and make them ready for 02. Not to mention that during servicing, tools and equipment associated with the filling system have to free of oil, grease and other petroleum products.

I like to bubble the O2 through a coffee can filled with discarded grease. I love the smell of bacon at 100'.

loosebits:
I like to bubble the O2 through a coffee can filled with discarded grease. I love the smell of bacon at 100'.

like, breakfast on a morning dive?

Ouch! Would be interested in the details leading up to the result as seen in the photos.

texdiveguy:
Ouch! Would be interested in the details leading up to the result as seen in the photos.

me too, in one of the pictures if you look real close you can see the remains of a cylinder, the valve is in the top piece tahts seperate from the rest

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom