Dandy Don, You have Some Splainin' to Do

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigJetDriver69:
You some kind o' idjit there, son? That there's the flag of the Great Ree-public of Tejas!! :whack: :D :D

Hey you just got smack dab in the middle of the west coast and the east coast. Hold down the fort there in Texas, we still need y'all. :wink:

teknitroxdiver:
*possibly stupid question*

What in the world is the original post referring to? I haven't noticed this.....
It's about the flag thumbnails in Don's greetings...

possibly?

BigJetDriver69:
You some kind o' idjit there, son? That there's the flag of the Great Ree-public of Tejas!! :whack: :D :D Kids these days.....mutter.....mutter....mumble!
The Lone Star Flag of the Great Sovereign Republic of Texas was taken from the traditional flag of the south - The Bonnie Blue - which I was first used by West Florida dragoons details here , and used by many other southern states at times of the secession, even serving as an unofficial flag of the Confederacy. It's also seen today in North Carolina's, Nevada's, Arizona's, Puerto Rico's, and California's, the later including the word Republic, but that's another story...

Lyricks and Music to "The Bonnie Blue" Southerners will want their speakers up loud.

BonnieBluemd.gif

DandyDon:
The Lone Star Flag of the Great Sovereign Republic of Texas was taken from the traditional flag blah...blah...blah...blah...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

:D

Rick Inman:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

:D
:rolleyes: Sure am glad the Houston I live in is the smaller city in the bigger state :wink:

I also like our "8 Stars of gold (in the pattern of "The Bear, the Dipper and the Great North Star") on a field of blue" better than that plain ol' white star on a blue field with some red and white to fill up the rest of it :wink:
nunst003.gif

Back
Top Bottom