Dan Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my DAN Guardian handbook

"NAMED WATER SPORTS means:

1. Boating is a leisurely activity which involves the act of operating or riding in or on a boat, which is docked or on the water, for the pleasure of the travel itself. Includes: Canoeing, Cruising, Kayaking, Row boating and Sailing (as defined below), but excludes Fishing."

It is the 1st one. Maybe for the pleasure itself means somethingm
I don't think that "includes" necessarily means "exclusively includes", although they specifically exclude fishing.

Interesting…I always read the non-diving accident coverage w/ Guardian & Preferred to be basic “trip & fall” whether it was on a boat or (especially Coz) on the sidewalk. 🤔
That said I’ve found most insurance to be written inclusively not exclusively (ie. if they don’t explicitly say something is covered, it’s probably not). Assuming can give false expectations. Might be time for a re-read…
All IMHO, YMMV. 😊

Both NamedWaterSportand Non-Diving Accident have $30k max benefits under Guardian

NAMED WATER SPORT ACCIDENT means an Accident: (i) which occurs while the Insured is participating in a Named Water Sport; and (ii) that is not a Covered Diving Accident, an In-Water Accident, or a Non-Diving Accident.

NON-DIVING ACCIDENT means an Accident that is not a Covered Diving Accident, an In-Water Accident, or a Named Water Sport Accident.

Cruise ships are excluded.

Whatever. You sound like a lawyer.
Apparently you like to jump to conclusions and then defend them viciously.
Apparently you ignore all input except from an unnamed DAN agent who is, after all, just a salesman.
Go find some other insurance if you don't like DAN.
One question: why are you quoting the policies for the Master Plan when other plans have more coverage?

Where did I say that?

Your "DAN response" does not agree with the DAN website. Depending on the question you actually asked (which you refuse to provide) their response might be quite appropriate.

If only it were possible to speak slower for you. In leau of that, here's a point you tried to make earlier...
Apparently you ignore all input except from an unnamed DAN agent who is, after all, just a salesman."

... which questions who/which person at DAN provided that information in the quote.

Refused to provide my original? Hmm, you never asked previously. Assuming this latest attempt for you to feel superior is some form of query about the original email, here's the actual minus a simple intro hello (which you may inevitably twist as you frequently have done)...

"Per the email subject, since "boat diving" is one of the principal access methods divers use to get to a dive site, I am curious about coverage needed for injury/accident while riding that operator's boat for the purpose of dive location access?"

Really no difference in subject than the OP brief.

Based on the actual direct response from DAN on this subject, apparently riding in a dive boat is NOT one of the listed water sports and so as the agent confirmed, it is not a covered activity per his reply.

It would be best for all here to not assert conjecture or opinion as fact. DAN has the last say, unless you wish to attempt arguing your opinions in court when you are in the need of recovering funds.

Based on the actual direct response from DAN on this subject, apparently riding in a dive boat is NOT one of the listed water sports and so as the agent confirmed, it is not a covered activity per his reply.

It would be best for all here to not assert conjecture or opinion as fact. DAN has the last say, unless you wish to attempt arguing your opinions in court when you are in the need of recovering funds.
You appear to be confused about "diving accidents" versus "non-diving accidents." Riding in a boat to a dive site is not a water sport, nor is getting hurt while riding a boat a diving accident. However, a non-diving accident IS covered on the higher-cost dive-accident plans, if out of the country. DAN Travel insurance will also cover non-diving accidents, even in-country.

Assuming can give false expectations. Might be time for a re-read…
Just did a re-read…it is what I thought it was. For Guardian & Preferred it’s non-diving “trip & fall” (not sickness) at the prescribed distance from home for the listed policy amounts. All IMHO, YMMV.

You guys wanna take the pi$$ing contest outside? BTW, it's "in lieu".
LOL. I'm trying to explain and defend the DAN insurance. He is trying to defend a poor answer he received to the wrong question he asked, by attacking me. It is not really a contest of any kind, but it is clearly a useless discussion. I am currently waiting for a response from DAN to help clarify....not really to him but rather to readers of the thread. They should not get the wrong impression from one misguided soul.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom