dan insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you talking about DAN's gear insurance? I checked into it when my DEPP policy was due for renewal. I didn't like the $250 deductable. Several of my claims with DEPP were settled for way less than that.

I insure about $7500 of dive and camera gear a year for a very reasonable price to me. I've had great experiences with DEPP so I'm sticking with them.

If I'm missing something, please speak up! :)

I took out a policy with the DAN (H20 Insurance) just recently. I have yet to make a claim....knock on wood.

I think DEPP would have been better for the amount that I insured, though (around $3500). Unless you've got an ungodly amount of gear, the DEPP looks to be better. Wish I would have done more research, but there's always next year.

i agree now, i i wish i read the policy more thoroughly. I didnt realize that in the event of water damage, the deductible is $250 or 10% of the declared vale. I have $6000 declared value so i guess that the deductable is $600? That seems a bit high. I figured that DAN would support and recomend an agency that is fair and competitve but that doesnt seem to be the case, but like you said there is always next year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom