Dallas/Ft. Worth Divers: Happy Hour/Dinner August 1 @ Cozymel's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,
Would it be okay if I invited a couple of friends of mine to the party? They're Troy and Debra Welch. Troy was my AOW instructor, and Debra has just opened up a new Scuba and Travel shop in Arlington. I'd like for her to have a chance to tell everyone a little bit about her new business.

Ken

No problem to bring your friends....

I just ask that any solicitations be kept "low key".

too bad it's not on a friday, I could make it then. Any plans for Athens in the near future? Going to S. Padre next month to see relatives and check out their high priced diving. :D

Originally posted by sealskin98
too bad it's not on a friday, I could make it then. Any plans for Athens in the near future? Going to S. Padre next month to see relatives and check out their high priced diving. :D
Thursday worked out best for our Guest Speaker (who uses Friday Nights to drive the RV and the dog to Athens).

I will be at Athens tomorrow and Sunday (July 27/28) helping with a rescue class. I can bring your shirt with me if you like.

I just took my regs. in for yearly yesterday...I'll have to get with you when they get out...been wanting to try CSSP, never been there. And am workin' on Cozymel's, may be able to do it, but would have 3 hrs. to kill in Dallas before the dinner. (get outa class in Commerce at 3:00, and takes an hour to drive there);-(

Had a quick confab with the manager to make sure all is well. And it is.

He reminded me of this particular point, which I will repeat at the dinner.

Cozymel's has a policy on large groups to *not* split the ticket. This is so the server(s) don't spend inordinate amounts of time at the terminal running cards, putting in cash, and trying to figure things out when the amount tendered doesn't match the amount requested.

So, I've agreed to use just one credit card for everything. So I will have to ask folks to:
  1. Keep track of what you are ordering from the bar and kitchen. I would suggest a running total in your head or on a napkin/scrap of paper.
  2. Pay your tab to me in either cash or check. Unfortunately I won't be able to convert plastic
  3. Be sure to include some gratuity in what you pay me. There will be a set percentage included already, but our servers are going to be working extra hard to keep us fed, watered, and happy. So if they are doing a good job, then they deserve the extra reward.
I'll remind everyone of this as they arrive (have some handouts to give you and this will be on one). But I wanted to make sure those that are reading this post have the chance to be forewarned.

If there are any questions....send them my way.

Just a quick reminder to folks to be sure to show up!

And if anyone can show up early, I got a few small things that you can help me with that will make everyone else's enjoyment that much better.

And if you have a digital camera, please bring it since it would be nice to post some photos back to the board.

And even if you are going to be late, still show up. We'd love to see ya!

I would have the time to help set up, but would have to get room in Dallas fer de nite...no can afford now...no payday till next week....

But I do have digital camera (anyone wanna pay for pics on the spot?) LOL...wish I could make it.

Maybe we can hook up in Clear Springs later, after I pick up regs. from service, and get over this nasty summer cold.

Originally posted by TexasMike
Just a quick reminder to folks to be sure to show up!

And if anyone can show up early, I got a few small things that you can help me with that will make everyone else's enjoyment that much better.

And if you have a digital camera, please bring it since it would be nice to post some photos back to the board.

And even if you are going to be late, still show up. We'd love to see ya!

What time are you going to be there? I can help with just about anything.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom