Dacor Website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also like the new mares site - very polished IMO. I'm afraid I dont own any Dacor gear but my regs are all Mares - V16 Proton metal with proton octo. I am very impressed with these so keep it up despite any hassle you get here.

Phil,

Dacor is dead as a product line, you know it, and so do your dealers. Mares bought Dacor for its patents. That's it. As for Mares, well they do make decent regulators and the best fins.

And, as you know, Head has some of the biggest idiots imaginable in top management. Check-out any tennis board for their views on current Head racquet products.

$3.85 per stock share... please.

c_m_wood:
I also like the new mares site - very polished IMO. I'm afraid I dont own any Dacor gear but my regs are all Mares - V16 Proton metal with proton octo. I am very impressed with these so keep it up despite any hassle you get here.

c m

Thanks for your support, appreciate the comments.

Phil

daniel f aleman:
Phil,

Dacor is dead as a product line, you know it, and so do your dealers. Mares bought Dacor for its patents. That's it. As for Mares, well they do make decent regulators and the best fins.

And, as you know, Head has some of the biggest idiots imaginable in top management. Check-out any tennis board for their views on current Head racquet products.

$3.85 per stock share... please.

Daniel

Thanks for your opinion, they all count. I do not agree that all my dealers think Dacor is dead, especially the ones who are purchasing Dacor product.

I think you are way off target if you think Mares bought Dacor for the patents.

Thanks for the complements on Mares stuff.

I am willing to discuss most issues with you, but I do not think you know any of the top management at HEAD and even if you do, let's keep the comments alittle more professional.

Now: I have only been working for Mares slightly over one year, so I have never claimed to be an expert on equipment on these boards, BUT if you want to discuss racquets and the industry you are barking up the wrong tree. I have been with HEAD Racquets for 17 years and in the industry for over 20 before I moved to Mares. So unless you know the industry, it's cycles, marketshare data on a worldwide basis the dealer network etc, etc, etc... I do not think you should sum up the product line by a few comments you have read on a board.

Thanks,

Phil

Phil,

I played and worked as a tennis pro for twenty years; I was sponsored by Head/Penn.

1976 - Head XRC
1979 - Head Edge
1982 - Head Pro TXP
1988 - Head Prestige 600

I've been to the factory, know what I mean? You remember the Head Prestige 600 and the Tour 630, they were discontinued why again? iPrestige? Liquid Metal? Flexpoint? Are you guys just kidding? Man, what Head used to be...

As far as Mares, great. But as for Dacor, well, it ain't tennis Phil, paint jobs won't cut it in the dive industry.

daniel f aleman:
I played and worked as a tennis pro for twenty years
Do you have a C card to prove that?

JeffG:
Do you have a C card to prove that?

Bunch of local tourney trophies, and a college degree on a full ride. My brother and I played decent doubles on the satellite tour (minor league) for a while. You make even less money in tennis than you do in scuba; both sports are so addictive, though...

daniel f aleman:
Phil,

I played and worked as a tennis pro for twenty years; I was sponsored by Head/Penn.

1976 - Head XRC
1979 - Head Edge
1982 - Head Pro TXP
1988 - Head Prestige 600

I've been to the factory, know what I mean? You remember the Head Prestige 600 and the Tour 630, they were discontinued why again? iPrestige? Liquid Metal? Flexpoint? Are you guys just kidding? Man, what Head used to be...

As far as Mares, great. But as for Dacor, well, it ain't tennis Phil, paint jobs won't cut it in the dive industry.

Daniel,

Okay, at least you have qualified your comments. Yes, I too was in Boulder, both when it was a factory and then offices and distribution (yes metal racquets were produced in NJ prior to this). I also sold those racquets to, they were all great frames. But, the industry and technology changes, our factories in Austria and other parts of the world were/are far superior to anything ever produced in Boulder. Our Titanium, Liquid Metal, the various versions of the Prestige and Radical through the years, all have been great sellers and in many cases surpassing their predesessors. Construction & materials, weights, headsizes, balances and performance improvements have opened up the game of tennis to the masses. While as a tennis pro, playing with your 82 - 88 square inch headsize may have been a measure of your talent, the head sizes today (92 - 120 sq in approx.) have allowed many more to improve and enjoy the game, which is doing well as the latest industry surveys prove as the number of players is strong.

If the Dive industry got together as the tennis industry did a few years back when tennis was suffering (formation of the TIA) and actually worked together, it could only be a positive to introduce more people to diving and help grow the business which would be a big boost to retailers, manufactures, travel companies and most of all, Divers.

Regards,

Phil

Daniel,

Do you live in Cancun as your profile lists? I was there three weeks ago, I am usually there once a quarter. If you are there, on my next visit we can go on the court and you can beat me up :)

Phil

Phil,

The Prestige was the best racquet ever made. It improved on the Prince Graphite. The loss of that racquet changed the sport. You had 50% of all local pros playing with it. How many Slams won with it?

Phil, what took the Presitge 600's place? That's right, the Babolat Pure Drive, a 3.5 woman's racquet.

Changed the game.

-----------------------------------------------------

I do teach tennis lessons infrequently at the Cancun Palace resorts, and of course, I play with Head.

-----------------------------------------------------

Good luck with your new responsibilities with Head/Mares.

Dan Aleman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom