Dacor Website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

undrwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm having trouble accessing Dacor's website. Just for reference, is it divedacor.com?

I'm not getting a ping reply either. Anyone know the IP address?

undrwater:
I'm having trouble accessing Dacor's website. Just for reference, is it divedacor.com?

I'm not getting a ping reply either. Anyone know the IP address?

99.9% of the sites on the Internet aren't pingable because they are sitting behind firewalls. Using NSLOOKUP, I got the IP address as 4.38.34.11. I'm unable to get there also. I was there looking around about a week ago, and they had a notice stating that their "new, redesigned" site was coming soon. Perhaps that's why it's down?

Probably so. I get timeouts with nslookup as well. They've been down a few days now at least...look forward to them being back up.

undrwater:
Probably so. I get timeouts with nslookup as well.

Might be another problem at hand. I can type "nslookup www.divedacor.com" and get the IP listed in my other reply. Hopefully when they come back up, they'll have their product catalog listed online. That's something that was missing before.

the parent company is Head Sports and you can go thru their websight at www.head.com and try there. You can pull up just about everything but Dacor ..... the Mares sight is working fine but when you click on Dacor the link goes bad. I have been trying to pull up this sight since last November. It usually said "New 2005 Dacor sight comming soon". Gave up in May when it still said that. HEAD doesn't seem to want to support Dacor. They were not a DEMA last year, missed Seaspace this year. They really don't want to answer why they have "screwed" so many divers by not supporting their equipment warrantes. I will keep the older equipment I have purchased from them put as it wears out I WILL NOT BUY DACOR. They lost about $900 in my business when I replaced my BC and purchased a new computer in June 2005 (bought an ARIES BC and an ARIES computer).

Well...there you go...here's hoping they're not going belly-up.

If there's anyone out there who is currently/ or has recently worked for Dacor that can explain what's going on without incurring to much wrath; can you please enlighten me/us on the situation?

I've recently purchased a Dacor product, and I was wondering what kind of support I could expect directly from Dacor. (Should have checked this out before the purchase, but hindsight is...)

Basically, none. My LDS gave up trying to get Dacor support a long time ago.

I do know a shop in FL that has a large stock of parts for older Dacor products & can still service most of it, bc they bought a bunch of parts way back when the buyout occured.

Ugh! :11ztongue

Oh well...it's a good excuse then to use the BC till it dies then get the BP/Wing. (Or get BP/Wing peices along the way)

Dacor use to make some really good stuff from the early 50s' thru about 2000. They were purchased by Head Sports to join a line of products that include Penn tennis stuff, 2 or 3 different names in sking and snowboarding, and now Mares and Dacor in the scuba diving department. Head announced that Dacor would no longer service or make parts for any equipment made before the takeover date. This made many owners of Dacor regulators mad because they were sold with an unconditional "lifetime" warranty which promised to supply both parts and service without a time limit to the original "registered" owner. They even mailed out plastic warranty cards to the owners as proof they received the mail in card. Now the plastic cards and the paperwork that the warranty was written on in the manual is not worth anything. The new stuff Dacor has released has not made any great advances. It is "average" at best and I would rate most of their gear about the same quality as XS , LDl,ScubaMax and Cressi. I would never buy another Dacor product because of their past history and never knowing when they may deceide to discontinue service and parts on their current model lines. (Note : many LDS have dropped the Dacor line due to the problems of getting parts not only for their older merchandise but the current lines as well. They perfer to go with other companies like Atomic, Zeagle, Aeris which are younger and more commited to providing customer service. Mares still makes excellent equipment also but I'm a little worried because they are still owned by Head.)

I've been doing research online for my new and first BC. I have a list of BCs that I was going to try on and Dacor Hemisohere and Elite are on that list. So I went to their website to find it down for days now. So I called the 800 number and the customer service rep said they were told mid-September for the new Dacor site.

I wasn't aware of all the non-support issues and only new Dacor because my husband who has been certified since 1978 spoke highly of them. But he's been out of the dive scene for over 10 years.

Now I'm unsure if I should invest my money on them. I saw the Hemisphere advertised in the current issue of Scuba Diving magazine. Does this mean that they support this model? Hard to get answers without a website. I haven't gone to my LDS yet. They sell Mares and the customer service person said they would be my Dacor shop. But her first answer was "There's no shop in Anchorage".

Advice???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom