Dacor Pacer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

livetwodive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a few Dacor Pacer and Pacer XL regulators with the 950 and 970 IIRC first stages. I have retired these from service due to the availability of rebuild parts. Gave me an excuse to upgrade the family to Atomic Regs :) These regs are sitting in my closet and I won't hang on to them indefinitely but I won't use them and I won't sell/dump them on someone who doesn't know their history.

Anyone have any suggestions before these wind up in a landfill? If nothing else its a nice hunk of brass. The old regs were heavy!

I would be interested in them for parts. Let me know what you have and what you would take for the lot, delivered via usps flat rate box. Regards Scott

It's a shame-Dacor made some really nice regs that allowed you to take more than a little lead out of your scuba rig. Too bad they quit supporting them.

I had a Dacor 360 Aero; and an XL Pacer too, circa 1985. Not bad regs for the time. Now, they just sit in the retired scuba gear bin (just like my Edge Computer!). I lent the computer to our LDS for examples of what the first computers really looked like and how far they evolved. Looks like dsenloe may be interested in your old gear.

I picked up an old metal pacer xle on ebay last year and I it works great. I had no problems getting new o-rings and a seat for it. I got it tuned to breathe very smooth. There are some of us left that prefer the older regs.

I had a Dacor 360 Aero; and an XL Pacer too, circa 1985. Not bad regs for the time. Now, they just sit in the retired scuba gear bin (just like my Edge Computer!). I lent the computer to our LDS for examples of what the first computers really looked like and how far they evolved. Looks like dsenloe may be interested in your old gear.

I've bought a Dacor 900 1st stage, Pacer 2nd stage and Pacer XL Octo to dsenloe. All of them refurbished, pristine and in excellent working condition.
They have already several dives in my mouth.

I second the Ebay post. I've found that on the 'bay there will be collectors and vintage equipment divers who appreciate the Dacor Pacer for what it is, a high quality workhorse. I had one back in the 1980s, right up there with my beloved Conshelf XIV.

I still dive with my Dacor 950XL Pacer. Best breathing regulator that I have ever used. I bought three brand new in the box Dacor 960XL Pacers on eBay 2 years ago; I figure that they can keep me going for years to come.

Trident sells after market replacement parts for Dacor regulators.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom