Dacor Pacer XL - but which one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it would make a great class action law suit.

At a minimum Mares might figure out that producing parts for Dacor regs is a lot less expensive in the long run than lawyers and bad press for Mares.

There is another thread that discuses this problem with DACOR not serviceing their products ....check out "dumped on by diving companies again"

Heli/Ox -

I have two Dacor 950 pacers. I had them serviced this past spring. My LDS in Postchester, NY still getting parts from Dacor/Mares. Hopefully, there is a LDS near you that can also get parts. Although you could ship your reg to NY, not very practical way to service your equipment. Since they can still get parts, other shops must also. It might be a part volume issue.

I would not expect an answer from Dacor/Mares. They clearly are not interested and have ignored my queries. My response is to not buy more products from them.

Good Luck! I love my Dacor reg...its time to upgrade.

divenutny:
Heli/Ox -
I would not expect an answer from Dacor/Mares. They clearly are not interested and have ignored my queries. My response is to not buy more products from them.

Good Luck! I love my Dacor reg...its time to upgrade.

My LDS used to be a Dacor store. Now that parts are not available,he stopped selling their stuff to consumers. He states that if the company cannot stand behind their products, he does not want to provide poor customer service. He also stopped selling Mares.

GOOD NEWS GUYS ....... Mares/Dacor has responded to our cries for help with a new program that will let us trade in the old Pacers for new Mares/Dacor regulators. If you own a Dacor regulator made before 2000 you can trade it in for one of 4 new models (including the Mares Abyss). to get more information see www.scubaboard.com/t110024-.html

Back
Top Bottom