Dacor DH Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Try 2k grit sandpaper. Put paper on smooth level surface and lightly work the HP seat on it. I typically stroke in one careful, level, direction. Check progress after each pass.
I have brought back many seats this way.
I was able to do it. Thanks

Someone here needs to take that. That is an aluminum contour backplate.

I would recommend to cut slots between the screw holes and use a modern flexible tank band.

This contour backplate can be easily used in a vintage or a modern configuration. You can easily add a wing if you want to use in a modern configuration.

The modern Freedom plates, that are so highly desirable, are basically pattern after this plate. At least it is similar.

Please don't throw it away... someone needs to claim it.
I made an exact replica of one of those plates once.
One of my vintage brethren had an Aqualung version of that plate that was solid plastic and cracked during a dive. He loved the plate dearly and was sad that it was toast, so I took the plate and crazy glued the pieces back together then made a mold from the plate. From the mold I casted up another perfect replica out of fiberglass. 10 layers of 7.5 oz gave me about 1/8” thick. I cut in all the slots and cleaned it up. I think I gel coated both sides black and presto! There was the plate!
It seems all those companies must have used the same pattern for that moulded back pack because Aqualung, Voit, and Dacor all seem to be the same. There’s probably even a few others.
I wonder if it was Aqualungs original pattern and Aqualung made them and licensed them for everyone else?
As you mentioned, there was also the stamped aluminum version. And yes, that was the inspiration for the later “contoured” Freedom Plate with rolled edges.

and that's

131.JPG

why

HMM 015.JPG

you use

HMM 023.JPG

Phosphoric!

Because if it's jammed up and you can't get it out you soak with phosphoric

008.JPG

It doesn't get wrecked trying to get it out like a farmer working on jewelery

Back
Top Bottom