Dacor DH Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please give 350xfire a chance to respond first.... I don't "need" it, but can't bear to see it go to the dump either! If he'll get it in the water soonish, I'd rather see it go there!

Best,

James
To late sir!

Damn I came too late. I will take it if James doesn't need it. Thanks

If Lex sends it too me (he might in a bundle of other stuff), I'll forward it on to you.... As long as I know it will see water!

Better to keep as much as possible out of shipper hands, @350xfire if James is willing to work his magic on it first it would be worth the wait.

If Lex sends it too me (he might in a bundle of other stuff), I'll forward it on to you.... As long as I know it will see water!
I promise it will be used! I am currently working on the Dacor... so far it looks promising... thanks guys.

I promise it will be used! I am currently working on the Dacor... so far it looks promising... thanks guys.
Post some pictures when done, or if you need some advice

Here is some progress (look at first post for reference). I cleaned it up and used jeweler's rouge to polish it up. Unfortunately the ultrasonic cleaner ate the black paint on the front label and destrioyed the "dial-a-breath" sticker but it looks way better. Also, corrosion took it's toll on the inside of the can. I may try to coat that with some moly resin gun coating for protection....

Anyone have a link to the restoration procedure for the HP seat? I came across it a day or two ago and now can't find it.
Thanks

Dacor First Stage.jpeg

Dacor First Stage 2.jpeg

Dacor Inside.jpeg

Dacor Outside Polished.jpeg

restoration procedure for the HP seat
Sometimes the seat can be flipped,
But not always, because it gets wrecked trying to get it out,
Looks like it's the brass & teflon one,
if it's bad maybe get something machined. If no parts are available,

Sometimes the seat can be flipped,
But not always, because it gets wrecked trying to get it out,
Looks like it's the brass & teflon one,
if it's bad maybe get something machined. If no parts are available,
I think that seat is one with the carrier. I see no way it can be removed. I also see VDH has a couple for sale...

I think that seat is one with the carrier. I see no way it can be removed. I also see VDH has a couple for sale...
Try 2k grit sandpaper. Put paper on smooth level surface and lightly work the HP seat on it. I typically stroke in one careful, level, direction. Check progress after each pass.
I have brought back many seats this way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom