Dacor DH Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just curious, is this Dacor able to be brought back to life or is it just a display reg?
Thanks
Dacor 2.jpeg

Dacor1.jpg

DNR without decent diaphram.
Hard to come by item...aka Hens Teeth.
I have the C3 (4?) that has 2 diaphragms and both are toasty.
So, it's a basket case at the moment.

I have made my own diagram before,

Sheet latex, you may be able to reuse the center from the old one, or fab one or use stick on phone steel pad for magnetic mount,
Google it there is a guy that makes his own from a latex swim cap,

Next one I need to make, I plan to use this,

Thanks guys.

While I can’t help with the parts you need for the reg I can offer this to go with it
254ABE2E-3A53-45C7-AF93-FB178A2A25A4.jpeg
556FA615-94C7-44B0-A194-CD27B7F34E79.jpeg

Free for the cost of shipping, it’s been sitting in a box waiting to go to the dump, which will be its fate in the next week or so along with a bunch of plastic ones.

While I can’t help with the parts you need for the reg I can offer this to go with itView attachment 694048View attachment 694049

Free for the cost of shipping, it’s been sitting in a box waiting to go to the dump, which will be its fate in the next week or so along with a bunch of plastic ones.

Someone here needs to take that. That is an aluminum contour backplate.

I would recommend to cut slots between the screw holes and use a modern flexible tank band.

This contour backplate can be easily used in a vintage or a modern configuration. You can easily add a wing if you want to use in a modern configuration.

The modern Freedom plates, that are so highly desirable, are basically pattern after this plate. At least it is similar.

Please don't throw it away... someone needs to claim it.

Someone here needs to take that. That is an aluminum contour backplate.

I would recommend to cut slots between the screw holes and use a modern flexible tank band.

This contour backplate can be easily used in a vintage or a modern configuration. You can easily add a wing if you want to use in a modern configuration.

The modern Freedom plates, that are so highly desirable, are basically pattern after this plate.

Please don't throw it away... someone needs to claim it.
I don’t want to toss it or the others ones, the standard SP hollow plastics and or the aqualung one but shipping has become prohibitive lately And I’m in the clean out the shop mood.

I don’t want to toss it or the others ones, the standard SP hollow plastics and or the aqualung one but shipping has become prohibitive lately And I’m in the clean out the shop mood.
If 350xfire doesn't take it, I'll take it off your hands. The only thing I would do different from Luis's suggestion would be to use the metal clamps that hold a stainless tank band on it to hold a modern cam band.... then you get the modern ease of use without altering it incase you ever want to put it back to stock.

Best,

James

If 350xfire doesn't take it, I'll take it off your hands. The only thing I would do different from Luis's suggestion would be to use the metal clamps that hold a stainless tank band on it to hold a modern cam band.... then you get the modern ease of use without altering it incase you ever want to put it back to stock.

Best,

James
It’s yours James, I’ll be out of town until the end of the week so I’ll mail it thursday Or Friday.

It’s yours James, I’ll be out of town until the end of the week so I’ll mail it thursday Or Friday.
Please give 350xfire a chance to respond first.... I don't "need" it, but can't bear to see it go to the dump either! If he'll get it in the water soonish, I'd rather see it go there!

Best,

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom